“Get your mind out of the gutter.”
This is a guide for the Corrosive Sludge Pump. It’ll go through the stats, prices, modifications, overclocks, and community builds.
If you have any suggestions as to what to add to further improve the guide please leave a comment below. Any changes that come through to the Sludge Pump overclocks, base stats, etc. I’ll be trying to keep this guide updated.
Base stats for the Sludge Pump, lots of sticky-icky versatility.
215 Enor pearl
- High Capacity Tanks: Adds +25 to the Magazine Capacity, from 25 to 50.
- Better Air Pressurizer: Adds +33% to the 100% projectile velocity. To give +133% for extra fast flying goo.
- Air Sensitive Compound: Bigger Puddles/more goo covering the area, changes no base stats.
- Dyse Nozzle: Charged splash damage increased by +25, raising from 50 to 75. Allowing for more damage on impact on a target.
- Atomizer Nozzle: Raises the fragment count that happens on impact by +4, 8 to 12. This means once the goo lands, it’ll split off into more fragments to slow down/damage even more enemies.
- Super Saturation: Effects duration has +2 added to it, increasing it to 6 from 4. While the Puddle Lifespan has +6 added, increasing it to 18 from 12. Great for keeping areas controlled.
- Potent Goo Mix: Bumps up the normal shot damage, not charged shots. Adding +10 to the damage, bumping the 25 to 35.
- More Goo Canisters: Adds a chunky +50 to your ammo pool, going from 100 to 150 for more sticky goo to shoot. Super complicated math right?
- Spillback Extension: Drops the charge cost by –1, 5 to 4. Less expensive goo!
- Improved Spooling Mechanism: Reduces the charge time by –50%, 100% to 50%. Less time needed to fire the goo.
- Protein Disruption Mix: Increases the slow down effect from the goo, extra sticky. Reduces enemy speed to 25% of their normal speed.
- Fluoroantimonic Acid: Increased Corrosive damage per sec, +2 damage per tick.
- Ingredient X: Adds “armor melting”, which means IX does 20–25 armor damage per second.
Once again, this is all about builds from the community and one build from myself as I thought it was fun. They’ll be in order of course. So if you have any builds you’d like to share drop them in the comments, and I’ll add as long as there’s room!
1.“Extra Toxic Waste: Hydrogen Ion Additive” (By Ser Pounce)
About this build: “High focus on the charged shots with all the DoT damage I can get and then I play around the puddles I put everywhere. It’s basic but that’s the build I liked the most personally.”
2.“Mactera Goo Bomber Plague: Goo Bomber Special”
About this build: Ever wanted to take all the annoyance from goo bombers and reverse it to the enemies but also make it either extra slow, or give it extra damage? Then this build is for you. You can swap the T5 mod for extra slow down, or extra corrosive damage per sec depending on how you play. Lots of fun and as long as you aim up and line up those charged shots.
This marks the “end” of the guide. Any small details or anything else that pop up will be added. I think the new Corrosive Sludge Pump is a lot of fun with the builds you can pull off with it. It can go from insane damage, to lots of CC, or a balance!
Additional things to be aware of
- The goo puddles can also have fire applied to them from several sources. Things like heat radiance from another Driller, BC with inferno, aggressive venting modification or overclock from the Drak, TCF, and Burning Hell. However, environmental hazards like the lava geysers in Magma Core do not affect the goo.
- Another thing, going for max slowdown and having another dwarf that has something can cause the electricity status effect can quite literally stop big enemies dead in their tracks. Such as Bulk Detonators for an example.
- “Baseline slow (from direct damage) is now 30% (was 50%), slowdown from the puddles is 45%, improved slow is now 50% (was 75%).” (From GreyHound)
TL;DR: The Corrosive Sludge Pump is really versatile and has plenty of options for the player to pick from. Even at its base, it’s super useful and super fun to use.
Also thanks to: Ser Pounce for helping test and get screenshots, Yaga for testing, “Our Lord and Savior Gabe Newell” from the DRG Discord for helping get the numbers for the T5 mods of the Sludge Pump, and GreyHound for getting more stat changes!
Here we come to an end for Deep Rock Galactic Corrosive Sludge Pump Build – Stats – Modification – Overclocks hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All Deep Rock Galactic Posts List