This is a complete guide to increasing FPS and player visibility in Hell Let Loose by using some specific PC performance settings, tweaking your graphics card settings and a rundown of the optimal in-game settings. By the end of this guide, you should hopefully get some decent performance gains on most maps in Hell Let Loose.
These settings should make Hell Let Loose run a lot smoother, and you should have a much better experience playing the game.
Here are some basic things I’d recommend doing to make the game run better.
- If you have a DX12 compatible graphics card, try -dx12. This parameter should increase FPS but can cause stuttering. Use “Windowed Full Screen” mode to prevent crashes when using DX12.
- If you have a high refresh rate monitor, try -refresh 144. Change the numeric value to the refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor.
Optimal Nvidia Control Panel Settings
Go to Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Add HLL-Win64-Shipping.exe
- Image Sharpening: Sharpen 0.50, ignore film grain 0.17
- Anisotropic filtering: 16x
- Low Latency Mode: Ultra
- Texture filtering – Anisotropic sample optimisation: Off
- Texture filtering – Negative LOD bias: Clamp
- Texture filtering – Quality: High quality
- Texture filtering – Trilinear optimisation: Off
- Threaded optimisation: Auto
- Triple buffering: Off
- Vertical sync: Off (if you have a high refresh rate monitor, otherwise keep on)
Within the Nvidia Control Panel, go to the “adjust desktop colour settings” section. Increase digital vibrance to between 60 and 85 percent. This will make colours richer, brighter, and cleaner. As a result, this should help to improve the visibility of enemies on your screen.
In-game Video Settings
- Vertical Sync: Off (if you have a high refresh rate monitor, otherwise keep on)
- Brightness: 115 (adjust depending on the map)
- Texture Quality: High
- Shadow Quality: Low
- Anti-Aliasing Method: Clarity TAA or Community TAA
- Anti-Aliasing Quality: Epic
- FX Quality: Low
- View Distance: High
- Foilage Quality: Medium
- Postprocess Quality: Medium
- SSAO: Off
- Motion Blur: Off
- Dead Bodies Despawn Delay: 0.5 min
- Nameplate View Distance: 500M
- Close unused background applications.
- Disable any unnecessary processes and services.
- Update drivers and use CCleaner – [ccleaner.com] to perform regular system cleans.
- Disable hardware optimisation for Chrome, Discord, and Steam.
- Delete the DirectX Shader Cache.
- Install Intelligent Standby List Cleaner – [wagnardsoft.com] and set custom timer resolution to 0.50. This application automatically clears the standby list in Windows memory management, which can help to reduce stuttering in Hell Let Loose.
Under no circumstances shall the author of this guide be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with your access or use of this guide and third-party content or services or software, whether or not the damages were foreseeable and whether or not the author was advised of the possibility of such damages. You (user) are using any or all advice posted in this guide solely on your own responsibility. Use of any or all advice posted in this guide requires you to accept that the author cannot be held responsible for any damages and accept this EULA.
Hope you enjoy the post for Hell Let Loose Graphics Optimization + FPS Boost for Best Performance, If you think we should update the post or something is wrong please let us know via comment and we will fix it how fast as possible! Thank you and have a great day!
- Check All Hell Let Loose Posts List