My name is UltimoFive and today we are going over the Astilla Prime, The Glass Cannon.
- Astilla Prime is the Prime Version of Astilla and was released alongside Volnus Prime and Gara Prime. In order to obtain Astilla Prime one must open a variety of relics that contain the Blueprint, Barrel, Stock, and Receiver in order to make it at the foundry.
- Astilla Prime requires a mastery rank of 14.
- Astilla Prime comes with 2 “V” and 1 “Dash” Polarity Slots, plus a “V” Exilus Slot. Because of this, the builds on this weapon will require 3 forma.
- Astilla Prime excels in Close to Medium Range Combat and deals with High Leveled Enemies of all Factions in Medium to Large Crowds.
- Astilla Prime has a unique effect where it fires a slug that explodes upon contact with a surface or an enemy.
Comparison to the Original Astilla
The Astilla Prime had some buffs when compared to the original Astilla in different areas. These stats would be:
- Higher Base Damage at 100.0 Vs. 70.0
- Higher Area Attack Damage at 140.0 Vs. 120.0
- Higher Critical Chance at 21% Vs. 17%
- Higher Status Chance at 37% Vs. 33%
- Larger Magazine Size at 24 Rounds Vs. 16 Rounds
Advantages Vs. Disadvantages
- Very High Status Chance at 37%
- Average Critical Chance at 21%
- Has a High Accuracy compared to other shotguns at 25
- Below Average Critical Multiplier at 1.9x
- Has Linear Damage Falloff from 100% to 50% from 30m to 60m. However, this isn’t too bad compared to other shotguns.
- Explosion has Linear Damage Falloff from 100% to 70% from Central Point of Impact
- Projectiles have travel time
The Element for the Astilla Prime against the Corpus will be Viral/Electricity. Viral amplifies health damage by 100% for 6 seconds and stacks up to 10 times for a total of 325%. Meanwhile, Electricity stuns the target for 3 seconds and deals 50% base damage per second for 6 seconds. The Build’s Flex Slot is Primed Cleanse Corpus or Laser Sight, as long as Critical Chance is still increased, such as with a Riven. The build works wonders and can easily eliminate a squadron of Corpus enemies in a matter of seconds with about a clip. However, it can fall a little short against human enemies due to the Impact Procs bouncing them around. But, the robotic enemies it has no issues with.
Corrupted & Grineer:
The Elements for the Astilla Prime against the Corrupted and Grineer will be Viral/Slash. Slash’s status effect is Bleed and after 1 second it deals 35% of the base damage per second for 6 seconds, which bypasses armor. The Build’s Flex Slot is either Primed Cleanse Grineer and Corrupted or Laser Sight, as long as Critical Chance is still increased, such as with a Riven. This build works fantastic against the Corrupted and Grineer due to its High Status Chance that helps increase the damage of Slash procs by applying tons of Viral Procs in a crowd. Again, with this build it can fall a bit short due to the weapons Impact Procs which bounce enemies around making it sometimes hard to land Headshots.
The Elements for the Astilla Prime against the Infested will be Viral/Heat or Gas. Heat deals 50% base damage per second over 6 seconds while stripping up to 50% armor and causes targets to panic. Meanwhile, Gas deals 50% base damage per second for 6 seconds in a 3 meter radius and stacks up to 10 times to a total of 6 meters. The Build’s Flex Slot is either Blaze or Blunderbuss, but only Blunderbuss if you are replacing it with a Riven. This build is great with either using Viral/Heat or Gas. It just completely melts groups of the infested. Also, since you aren’t really aiming for heads, this build has no issue with handling the Infested!
Recommended Alternative Mods
- Fatal Acceleration – In place of having no Exilus Mod. This will cost 1 more Forma in order to have, but helps with Projectile Speed by increasing Damage Falloff Range, but only for the Slug Shot, not the Explosion.
- Vigilante Supplies – In place of having no Exilus Mod. This will cost 2 more Forma in order to have, but can help with the weapons Ammo Pool.
- Ravage – In place of Primed Ravage if you don’t have it.
- Point Blank – In place of Primed Point Blank if you don’t have it.
- Cleanse Mods – In place of their Primed Counterparts if you don’t have them.
- Chilling Reload – In place of Frigid Blast if you want a faster Reload Speed at the cost of increased Status Chance.
- Vigilante Armaments – In place of the Build’s Flex Slot if you want more Multishot.
- Vicious Spread – In place of the Build’s Cleanse Mod if you don’t like used Faction Mods.
Synergy with Astilla Prime
There are several ways to enhance Critical Stats and Damage for this weapon:
- Rhino’s Roar adds bonus damage.
- Nova’s Molecular Prime makes all sources of damage increase by 100% against primed enemies, on top of that they will detonate upon death dealing blast damage.
- Mirage’s Eclipse mixed with her Hall of Mirrors adds a massive damage bonus during the day or in light.
- Saryn’s Toxic Lash mixed with her Spores abilities.
- Equinox’s Rest & Rage in Day Form makes targets more vulnerable to Damage.
- Wisp’s Haste Reservoir bolsters fire rate, in turn increasing DPS.
- Chroma’s Vex Armor when Health gets damaged increases Weapon Damage.
- Harrow’s Covenant can add up to 50% Critical Chance and 200% on headshots.
- Volt’s Electric Shield when shot through adds a 200% Critical Damage Multiplier.
- Zephyr’s Passive increases Critical Chance by 150% while airborne.
- Adarza Kavat with Cat’s Eye can give a 60% Critical Chance boost.
- Smeeta Kavat with Charm can give a 200% Crit Chance.
- Arcane Rage – Upon getting Headshot, 15% chance for 180% Damage to Primary Weapons for 24 seconds.
- Arcane Avenger – Upon being damaged, 21% chance for 45% Critical Chance for 12 seconds.
- Arcane Primary Charger – On Melee Kill, 30% chance for 300% damage to Primary Weapons for 12 seconds.
- Arcane Arachne – On Wall Latch, 150% Damage for 30 seconds.
When you get your hands on a Riven for this weapon the Flex Slot to replace will be Laser Sight for the Corpus, Corrupted, and Grineer, and Blaze or Blunderbuss for the Infested. This can require 1 more Forma and in order to maximize Damage output with Astilla Prime, one will need to get lucky and get some nice stats. These stats would be:
Ideal Stats – The Ideal Stats would be; Damage, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Negative Weapon Recoil or Negative Puncture.
If you guys enjoyed and liked the build make sure to give it a ⭐ and Like to help out! To help out even more, why not check out my channel where I not only make guides and builds, but also stream games, make Playthroughs, and more!
Link for my Channel 🠖 https://www.youtube.com/c/UltimoFive
See you guys on the next guide!
Hope you enjoy the post for Warframe The Glass Cannon – Astilla Prime, If you think we should update the post or something is wrong please let us know via comment and we will fix it how fast as possible! Thank you and have a great day!
- All Warframe Posts List