This is a mod, which works as a patch for the base version of MIITW, which includes AI behavior fixes and a more historical start, a garrison system, and changes to recruitment.
THE MODIFICATIONS THAT ARE INCLUDED
Start of campaign.
Each faction starts the campaign with their territories a little more historical according to the year 1080 A.D.
England controls York and Caervaon.
France is united.
The HRE is the HRE (All Power of the Emperor).
Scotland has Dulin (because I haven’t added the ireland faction yet).
Russia has all the territories of the Rus of kyiv and Novgorod (with possible expansion to Poland and Hungary, to found the Principalities of Moldova).
Byzantium with its territory about to collapse.
Leon and Castile united (with the Cid champion).
Each faction starts with a minimum of troops according to the available buildings (peasant armies welcome).
Each territory starts with basic buildings depending on its population level, the capitals of each nation are more developed (depending on personal tastes at the start of the campaign, starting in misery is over).
Each territory begins with a general as governor.
Increase the number of turns (One year per turn).
Correction of global diplomacy.
Now relations don’t deteriorate so easily with the AI, only real actions affect the opinion of the other factions (so expand your empire without fear of being looked at with hatred).
Start with diplomatic relations of alliance and war according to the historical situation.
Alliances are easier to maintain and the chance of a sneak attack from an ally has been greatly reduced.
Change in the population growth system as well as recruitment and garrisons.
Now the population growth is slower, you have to take advantage of the buildings with growth bonuses, as well as keep the territory in order so as not to generate a population decline.
All units have free maintenance (as long as they are within a population where they can be recruited), the garrisons go according to the population level that goes
from 1 unit with free maintenance up to 20, so you can maintain strong garrisons, this will affect the population growth due to the food consumption of the garrison.
The AI will also be able to have garrison armies.
Larger recruitment and resupply slots, now every time you upgrade the infrastructure level you can recruit and resupply more units, from 1 to 9 slots the AI also has the same mechanic, open more powerful AI armies.
Enabled the recruitment of more units in campaign.
Recruitment of existing campaign units only in custom or multiplayer battle (england, scotland, france, hre, russia) in their respective buildings.
Recruitment of generals in each town, there are 3 types of general recruits (dismounted, feudal knights and knights in gothic armor)
Kings, Nobles and Generals dismounted for Scotland and Denmark (up to a certain date)
Pikemen function fixed, now they work as phalanxes (the fun ends when you face them)
Agents limited to 1 per building, AI will no longer spam agents.
Recruitment buildings give experience bonuses according to the level of the building.
Siege weapon buildings produce fewer units, avoiding artillery spam from the AI.
Change in victory conditions.
Now more specific territories are required to achieve victory, it also influences the behavior of the AI, which is more focused on the target territories.
The AI behaves more aggressively to achieve the objectives.
Improved attack of defense towers.
Sieges now require more preparation and strategy.
The defense can be simple, which in turn makes the siege more difficult, a poorly planned siege can end with many casualties and even in defeat.
INSTALLATION AND OPERATION
- Locate the installation location, from the start game option in Steam, you can access the game files, the installation path can be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War.
- Once the installation folder is located, copy the files: MSS32.dll, MFC71d.dll, MFC71.dll, MSVCP71.dll, MSVCR71.dll, MSVCR71d.dll and MSVCP71d.dll to the TOOLS folder.
- Enter the TOOLS folder and again copy the files: MSS32.dll, MFC71d.dll, MFC71.dll, MSVCP71.dll, MSVCR71.dll, MSVCR71d.dll and MSVCP71d.dll to the UNPACKER folder.
- Inside the UNPACKER folder, start the unpacker.exe file, inside the activation window answer yes (Y) and press enter on both questions.
- Go back to the Medieval II Total War home folder and copy the files: binkw32.dll, cine.dll, granny2.dll, 1DV.dll, steam_api.dll, to the TOOLS folder and then to the UNPACKER folder.
- Inside the UNPACKER folder, start the unpacker_all.bat file, answer yes (Y) to all 3 questions.
- Check the following video to know more.
- Download the following file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/16W37m2V1qnGc3ED3uc6rzKfHKPd26ljw/view?usp=sharing – [google.com] Extract and copy the folder Medieval II Total war 2, in the game installation path, authorize the replacement of all files.
- In the Medieval II Total War folder, open the medieval2.preference file, and at the end of the text add the lines:
file_first = true, save the file, go to its properties and check the “read only” box.
So far only one bug has been detected, when starting a campaign with a faction that includes in its objectives to conquer territory in America, the event animation of the new world is activated.
If you find new bugs let me know in the comments.
CREATION AND USE
Medieval 2 Total War has been one of my favorite titles in the saga, my pa*sion for this game led me to want to solve and implement mechanics that in my opinion and personal taste needed to be added, either since its launch or in future patches, Unfortunately they never arrived, so I decided to make my contribution, this mini-mod was done according to what I expected, implementing some of the most recent Total War mechanics, in order to add quality time and fun to the game, I hope you like it, I will read your comments, criticisms and suggestions.
If any modder wants to make use of these files, I hope it can help them by implementing it in their project.
Thank you all.
This is all for Total War: MEDIEVAL II – Definitive Edition Vanilla Mod Campaign Modification hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- Check All Total War: MEDIEVAL II - Definitive Edition Posts List