Beginner´s Guide.. covering the basics (incl. Classes, Combat, Gear, Crafting, etc..)
Additional Info: ..Backup-Location, Modding, LastEpoch history + ROADMAP..
EDIT: I ceased my support for this game as of 8/21 because the developers have shown that valid criticism gets answered by a 2 day ban for pointing out problems the “Fanboys” create by a**licking instead of TESTING the game and CRITICISE
-> As a gamer, this product is a borderline scam.. I was not informed that Multiplayer is not in when I bought it (even now, still not there) for FULL price. Also turned out the game gets a Cash-Shop in the future.. if that will stay cosmetic depends on company greed and interest.
So far, any friend has rejected this game, even the ones playing PoE. I understand, because overall it´s just a cheap copy without any real innovation, But even more limits.
Most funny: PathOfExile is FREE, while this is Full Price + Cash Shop.. ;((
-> Additionally, I will NEVER support greedy developers that give a sh*t about casual players and veterans who expect a game experience
Thx for the SUPPORT.. see you @ LostArk, D2:R, PoE2 ^^
Hi, everyone.. enjoy the Guide, but please be aware that this game is still in EA (since 2019). Many things can/will change.. -> ROADMAP (Updated 01/2021) – [akamaihd.net]
Current state: https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/road-to-1-0-july-2021-development-update/42207 – [lastepoch.com]
note: this game requires Internet Connection to PLAY ..and “LastEpoch.com”-Account
(also see ->Linking Steam-Account)
Quick Start -Guide
|The Monolith of Fate contains Timelines that can be progressed to receive a blessing (buffs)|
|..fight vs WAVES of enemies..|
|..not implemented yet.. scheduled for v.0.9 (end of 2021)|
-NEW- Official LastEpoch Multiplayer FAQ – [lastepoch.com]
...This FAQ represents our current plans for multiplayer. As development progresses, some things could change and we will keep this FAQ up to date...
Players in town hubs will be able to chat, show off their gear, take advantage of a unique trading system or party up with 3 other Travelers to conquer the dangers that await in Eterra. To ensure the best playing experience, multiplayer will consist of server-side characters playing in a server-authoritative environment.
..Likely the servers will be proportional to playerbase distribution so obviously there’ll be more servers in the US, Europe, and places like that...
..by default players will only join games with other players in the same region
Q: ..how loot will work in multiplayer?
Once you are in the game world, you will be automatically assumed to be in a party with each other. Because we are breaking PvP off from the regular game world, we aren’t planning on having the ability to “go hostile” and start killing people.
|..not implemented yet.. scheduled for v.1.0 (Release 2022)|
We will be implementing a league/season/ladder style system into our game where characters are all started from scratch at the same time and played for a relatively short period of time before being integrated into the larger population...
Last Epoch = ..5 Skills + Crafting
– choose your favourite skills and clear the map to level up fast
– soon the first “Skill-Slot” is unlocked and you can improve one Skill much deeper
– few levels later you get your second Skillslot (while leveling you unlock all 5)
– some skills are way better.. AoE is King.. now rush through the quite bland Story
– while leveling up you UNLOCK more skills and @Lv.50 you can use all 5 SKills
– Sounds simple? It is.. Level up.. Craft.. Engame
Wait! What about Loot?
-> Eh..forget Loot.. just salvage stats from those items and craft what you want
Game MODES (SC / HC / SSF)
SC (Softcore -Standard-)
HC (Hardcore -Permadeath-)
SSF (Solely Self-Found)
There is also MASOCHIST -mode, but you need to clear the game before you can access that ;((
Masochist = reduced Dmg-Output + increased Dmg-Taken (..-> basically multiplier 4x)
EDIT: Masochist-mode can be selected now, BUT there is no Ladder (which makes it pointless)
Classes + Masteries
|Acolyte||Intelligence/Attunement, Caster, Pets|
|Mage||Intelligence, Caster, Melee|
|Primalist||Strenght/Attunement, Melee, Pets|
|Rogue||Dexterity, Melee, Bow|
|Sentinel||Strenght/Attunement, Tank, Melee|
note: Mastery-Choice is FINAL. You cannot change it later!!
You have 2 (3) Skilltrees:
- the passive Skilltree from your Class
- (later ~Lv.28 ..the passive Skilltree from your Sub-Class -> Mastery)
- the one for your “active” Skills (Abilities) ..up to 5 @Lv.49+
– passive Skilltree levels up by XP ..and completing STORY (Quests Rewards)
– your 5 “slotted” Skills accumulate XP and level up (max: Lv.20)
– each Skilltree costs 1 Point per Node
– Sentinel-Auras occupy a SLOT, but have NO SKILLTREE.. -> it´s not planned
Loot (-> Crafting Materials)
“..most ARPG-players enjoy farming for those superb items that drop from strong monsters..”
STOP. Forget Loot, you need -> Crafting ^^
Loot = Crafting-Materials
Rarity: white (Basic), blue (Magic), yellow (Rares), orange (Uniques) , green (Sets)
note: Uniques and Sets are extremely weak compared to PoE /D3 /GD !!
- those only benefit very specific Builds and ALWAYS have a Drawback
- in most cases (~95%) a good Rare is much better
CRAFTING + Risks
- Glyphs ..increase Success-Rate
- Runes ..reduce Instability
- Shards ..add /upgrade Affixes on Gear
according to original Kickstarter the Shop will only be “cosmetic”:
A real money store will sell purely cosmetic items, which we will use to fund Last Epoch further. Our plan is to be working on Last Epoch for years; we will be adding new mechanics, new features, and other forms of new content to have the game remain fresh for existing players, tempt potential new players to buy the game, and encourage former players to return. No pay to win.
note: Supporter-Packs come with Cosmetic Points.. but the Shop is not implemented yet
It´s still EA (Early Access) since 2019. Every few Patches things could change a lot.
At this point, all builds are prone to get changed..
Best Builds atm involve:
- Acolyte – OP has a name. Lich is borderline OP. Necromancer is plain stupid. If you thought PathOfExile-Necro is too strong.. well, this is the big brother. Only downside, 100+ summons makes your PC and FPS melt..
Warning: chances are high this gets nerfed or Multiplayer will become super unstable ;D
- Mage – very strong, some builds borderline OP. In a rather good spot compared to Rogue and especially Necro
- Rogue – simply borderline OP, if you like the playstyles. Bow = strong, but buggy. Dual-wield borderline OP, some builds are totally OP ..expect a ton of Nerfs in the future ^^
- Sentinel – limited and quite average. Warpath (Spin2Win) is nice, but very boring. Voidknight kills faster, but also very narrow and boring. Paladin is the no.1 Tank, but overall average and low dps.
- Primalist – not worth it unless you go for pets. Even then, Beastmaster is a pain due to the mechanics. Inferior to Necromancer in any way possible.
– 2020 builds still dominate in 2021.. because small changes can´t fix general issues
– Class-Balancing is a bit OFF.. ->will be addressed later (around Release)
– several Builds struggle with Endgame.. Devs are aware and want to fix this till Release
Backup (Save-files, Loot-filter,..)
Last Epoch -Folder (Hidden):
“C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch”
– Graphics .ini
– “log”-Files from last 2 sessions
(-> required in case of crash.. https://support.lastepoch.com/article/39-the-games-log-file) – [lastepoch.com]
Input Devices (Controller, etc)
not 100% implemented yet..
-> current solution might not be satisfying
If you experience a strange Error-message like “Fail to update Account LE-26” (as described here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/899770/discussions/0/3070866588603056338) – [steamcommunity.com] try this:
The "Last Epoch"-account is not linked to Steam.. that means you need a separate account at EleventhHourGames.. 1. Register via Browser: https://lastepoch.com/ - [lastepoch.com] ..->upper right corner 2. Click your Confirmation-Email to COMPLETE the Registration 3. Login with your existing Account
EarlyAccess -version (+Supporter Packs)
What many don´t know: Steam EA-version is the “Ardent Gladiator”-Pack
-> That means you have no disadvantage to buy the game directly via Steam ^^
All Packs are listed here: https://lastepoch.com/supporter-packs – [lastepoch.com]
"..we are not currently intending to allow modding of the game."
– Judd Cobler, Eleventh Hour Games CEO – (via Reddit 05/2021)
Cheats / Hacks
They work.. and after checking the code I can´t see how the developers can prevent that with the possibilities they have.
-> It´s highly questionable, if this game can ever achieve a solid degree of Security for Coop/ Multiplayer. LastEpoch is plaqued by typical UNITY-issues.. don´t expect too much
History: LastEpoch + EleventhHourGames
All great games have great origin stories and I like to think ours is pretty special – Last Epoch was born out of late night Reddit sessions with a small group of ARPG fans in 2017. Flash forward to April 2018 and most likely one of the most stressful points of my life, we launched our Kickstarter campaign (a first for everyone on the team) with a playable demo. Fortunately, we were successfully funded and were able to jumpstart our alpha release. The Last Epoch beta is now available through early access on Steam.
My lifelong obsession with action RPGs has now transformed into a fully fledged indie studio, Eleventh Hour Games. At the moment, we currently have about 50 team members dedicated to Last Epoch.
CEO Judd Cobler 02/2021
Design Concept.. (original plan)
Roadmap.. (incl. PressKit)
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Last Epoch will be in Early Access and receiving regular updates until its release in 2022.”
~Steam Storepage 8/2021~
Be careful with the official “PressKit”.. it seems dated and has no Roadmap included (even shows Release 2021, which is wrong).. ;((
Atm, no easily accessible Roadmap anywhere on the Frontpage.. or elsewhere in the official forums (lastepoch.com) –  . The only source is few specific developer posts once in a while..
ROADMAP (Updated 01/2021) – [akamaihd.net]
Multiplayer (2021): Official LastEpoch Multiplayer FAQ – [lastepoch.com]
Kickstarter Info : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastepoch/last-epoch/description – [kickstarter.com]
Basic Info (from ALPHA): https://lastepoch.fandom.com/wiki/Last_Epoch_Wiki – [fandom.com]
Cloud-Saves: https://support.lastepoch.com/article/199-steam-cloud-functionality – [lastepoch.com]
As for GrimDawn, Dammitt made a nice Tool: https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/ – [lastepochtools.com]
Multiplayer (2018): https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/multiplayer/1286 – [lastepoch.com]
CEO Interview 02/2021: https://segmentnext.com/2021/02/09/last-epoch-multiplayer/ – [segmentnext.com]
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2504913828 – [steamcommunity.com]
Hope you enjoy the post for Last Epoch New Player Basic Gameplay Tips – Modding – Last Epoch History + ROADMAP, If you think we should update the post or something is wrong please let us know via comment and we will fix it how fast as possible! Thank you and have a great day!
- Check All Last Epoch Posts List