This is aimed to be a short and simple guide on getting your Steam copy of Fable 3 functional on Windows 10, with support for Online Co-op, Downloadable Content, and Achievements. To keep it short, a basic level of PC knowledge is assumed, more extensive and thorough guides exist and I will link to their creators in this guide.
Working as of September 2021.
DOWNLOADS AND USEFUL LINKS
Before you proceed with this guide you will need to download these GFWL files:
If you do not wish to play any of the DLC then you can skip the following downloads:
- Inquisitor’s Pack – [xbox.com] (SP)
- Understone – [xbox.com] (SP)
- Traitor’s Keep – [xbox.com] (MP)
- Traitor’s Keep Licenses – [google.com] (MP)
The below may be useful later on if you need them:
- XUID Checker – [cxkes.me]
- Saves Location: C:\Users\[user]\Saved Games\Lionhead Studios\Fable 3
- Custom Resolutions: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fable 3\PCVideoOptionsApplet (depending where your game is installed)
FIX FOR GFWL AND ONLINE CO-OP
- Install, run and activate Fable III on Steam.
- Close game and uninstall “Microsoft Games for Windows – LIVE Redistributable” and “Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace” via ‘Programs and Features’ in Windows Control Panel.
- Unzip and install files in GFWL folder.
- Locate Fable III install location and change the file properties for the “FableLauncher.exe” and “Fable3.exe” to run as Admin and in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode (right-click files).
- Launch Fable III again and sign in with Xbox Live (click “Home” to open GFWL).
FIX TO INCLUDE DLC THAT WORKS IN MULTIPLAYER
- Unzip and copy the raw DLC from each .cab folder and Traitors License files to:
Create folders from DLC onwards if needed. Start moving files from Inquisitors first, then Understone and finally Traitors Keep, hitting to replace any files as you go. Followed by the Traitor’s Keep license files.
- Change the file name of “00090XXXXXXXXXXX.LIC” to your own Hex XUID (link above), do not remove the .LIC extension.
- Open the ‘dlc2paid.bnk.dat‘ file found in the content folder with Wordpad and change the value of <premiumContentMask> from 1 to 0 and save.
This is all for Fable III How to Fix DLC in All Mods + Downloadable Links & Configurations hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- Check All Fable III Posts List