This’ll be a guide on farming giant potato crops that were added in the Reap What You Sow update.
Things to note.
Alrighty, before I get started, there’s a few things I’d like to state:
1. Yes, this guide is rather late, sorry that I’m a lazy idiot.
2. Please bear in mind that my ideas for this guide were made back when Reap What You Sow was first fully released, although I assume nothing’s been changed since then, it might be possible that something was, in that case my guide will be completely useles.
3. Although I made this guide so people needed less effort, growing crops in general is a pain in the a*s, and isn’t for those who have no patience.
Alright, with all that out of the way, let’s get started!
Part 1: Your Buildings And Items
In order to even do this correctly, you will require the following items/buildings:
1 Watering Can (You will also need a pond as a water source.)
1 Hoe (To make the holes for the p l a n t.)
1 Garden Rigamajig (Creates turf required for farming.)
4/2 Toma Root Seeds (possibly more if you plan to do this on multiple plots.)
1. Or more Potato Seeds (Possibly more if you plan to do this on multiple plots.)
1 Composting Bin (You will also need lots of compost from the machine itself.)
1. Manure/Guano (Possibly more if you plan to do this on multiple plots.)
1 Birdcage with a bird inside (For obtaining the seeds.)
Several Ice Boxes (For storing all the food/seeds when you are done.)
Part 2: Setting Up Your Farm
Step 1: Use Garden Rigamajig to create at least 1 plot of garden turf.
Step 2: Remove all Garden Detritus with shovel.
Step 3: Administer at least 4 manure/guano and 4 compost per plot.
Step 4: Use hoe to create as many planting spots as possible in each plot (this will prove to be a pain in the a*s.)
Step 5: Water all plots to maximum watery…ness.
Step 3: Caring For Your Plantbabies
Step 1: Plant at least 2 tomato plants in the MIDDLE of each farm plot.
Step 2: Plant as many potato seeds around the tomato plants as you wish.
Step 3: Talk to your plants (remember that you will have to repeat this every day until it is time to harvest your crops.
Step 4: Keep your plots fully fertilized and watered! (You will more then likely need to gather a large amount of compost and manure/guano for this, it also might a good idea to have your farm plots near a pond.)
Part 4: S T O N K S
So, if all has gone to plan, then you should now have several giant potato crops!
The final steps are:
1 Harvest giant crops with hammer.
2 Do whatever you wish with the potatoes.
Anyways, that was my ♥♥♥♥♥♥ guide on how to get giant potatoes in Don’t Starve Together!
If I missed anything, or if I made a mistake anywhere, please tell me and I’ll do what I can to fix it.
I hope you enjoyed the guide!
I’m not sure if I’ll ever make anymore guides for Don’t Starve, because for some reason, Steam likes to be a utter piece of ♥♥♥♥ whenever I try to make something that’s not a total ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Here we come to an end for Don’t Starve Together How to obtain giant potato crops with minimal effort/thinking! hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All Don't Starve Together Posts List