This guide was really made for documentation purposes. This is my first guide.
This guide shows you how to install and get BTA3062 mod working with Steam Deck (yes the game runs on steamdeck).
Note: Once the game is installed, do everything in Desktop Mode. Then you can launch it in Game mode (even updates).
Read first. — Requirements
The following steps are required to activate BTA3062 on Steam Deck.
1. Get an SD CARD. I did this only using an SD CARD.
2. Make it available via both Game mode (and desktop mode) to the SD card.
3. Steam: Download BATTLETECH for the SD CARD
4. Go to desktop mode and download the bta3062 install from
https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Installation_Guide – [bta3062.com]
(top link). Use any browser to do this, but take note of the path where the BTAdvancedLauncher.zip file is saved to.
5. Move or Copy BTAdvancedLauncher.zip from download path to the root of the SD CARD.
6. Extract BTAdvancedLauncher.zip to root of SD CARD, you should see the *.EXE file only.
BTAdvancedLauncher.exe setup to run in steam:
7. Add Non-Steam program to desktop mode Steam and navigate to SD Card's root. Add BTAdvancedLauncher.exe.
8. Update BTAdvancedLauncher.exe properties in steam to force Compatibility to the latest version of Proton.
Final part of Install.
9. Launch BTAdvancedLauncher.exe in the desktop mode of Steam.
BT Advance Launcher settings
You must ensure that BTA runs on Steam Deck when you are using it.
1. Because steam deck screen sizes are too small to display banners plus dialog, it is best to turn off banners
2. Only select Use Steam Launch and Close Launcher for BTA Launch in Preferences
Finding the PATHs for Install Target or Checkout workspace is the most difficult part. This is why you're using desktop mode. You might need a real keyboard and mouse to do this.
Do the following:
1. Expand My Computer.
2. Expand Z: drive.
3. Expand Run Folder
4. Expand media folder
5. Expand the folder inside the run folder (mine is called "mmcblk0p1").
You will need a folder called BTACache. (I made a type and called it BtalCache). This folder will be used for the Checkout workspace value.
Battletech must be installed to your SD Card in order for the Install Target to work. This will be the same process as for Checkout workspace. Please continue with these steps:
6. Expand SteamLibrary.
7. Expand steamapps.
8. Expand the common folder
9. Click the BATTLETECH Folder.
Once you have opened the BATTLETECH folder click Mods and then click the Run button.
Once everything is setup, click on the Update/Install TTA button. This will take some time so keep your Steam Deck plugged in.
Based on setting, no need to use BTAdvancedLauncher.exe unless there is an update.
Everything should be ready to run this in Game mode or desktop mode.
Have fun! !
Here we come to an end for BATTLETECH How to Make Steam Deck Work with BTA 3062 Guide hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All BATTLETECH Posts List
Leave a Reply