Introduction and setup
First, we need to download the archive, which contains all the files we need: www.nexusmods.com – https://www.nexusmods.com/supremecommander2/mods/1
cf-files.nexusmods.com – https://cf-files.nexusmods.com/cdn/2716/1/Supreme%20Commander%202%20Co-Op%20Campaign-1-1-0-1552854093.zip?md5=9zmuuU0sBspzitxl1au2jQ&expires=1621626576&user_id=59675431&rip=188.8.131.52
Next, you need to unpack these folders into the game folder
Note! This mod contains a file that will replace the original one, so for this we make a backup file or rename it (but you can also “Verify integrity of game files”)
To do this, we need to go to the game folder, you can do this through Steam, or by finding the game along the way
[Drive letter]:\[Steam]\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander 2\gamedata
Next, find the lua.scd file and rename it, for example, to lua_original.scd (This is done for backup and the ability to play the original MP)
After the steps have been taken, you can unpack the archive into the game folder
The important part is choosing – who is the host
Your main task is to move files and customize the lobby. Those who will connect to you do not need to do anything.
The choice of the map is done here by leaving the desired file
The most important thing is to know what is responsible for what in the title.
SC2_CA_ is skipped and there is an important difference
- C – Cybran
- I – Illuminate
- U – UEF
The numbers next to it are the campaign mission number.
After selecting the card on which you will play, this file remains in the folder, the rest are moved to another folder so that they are not in the list.
When creating a server, if you see this notification, it means that is working:
Before starting the game, you need to do the following
- Victory Condition: Supremacy
- Spawn Position: Fixed
It is advisable not to change the rest.
After that you need to find a map Iskellian Coast (2v2) Without minimap
Next, you need to add the required number of bots for the current map.
You can find out the required amount on the NexusMods website, the table below, or on my trello.com – https://trello.com/b/UC6ZBps2/supreme-commander-2-co-op-campany.
Then you can invite your friends, and after that something like this should come out:
The rest will put the mod as needed
- When partners appear, their spawn consists of ACU and two engineers.
- By adding bots as mates, they will stand still and do nothing.
- Co-op only up to 4 players.
- The maps remain from the original, and are not adapted for the co-op.
- For the lobby creator, in some missions, his units may be under the map.
- Upon completion of the mission, the original single player menu is shown.
- trello.com – https://trello.com/b/UC6ZBps2/supreme-commander-2-co-op-campany
- Some missions have problems with the passage due to scripts that are not designed for this. Below is a list of levels that can be passed:
- Basically, this bug is the cut-scene stop at some point, which is why the game cannot be continued, as in missions 3 and 4 for UEF.
Here we come to an end for Supreme Commander 2 [EN] Cooperative Guide hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- All Supreme Commander 2 Posts List