There are issues with four of these achievements right now which I describe in italics but please skip to the next section for the quick explanation if you’d like.
- Got a head: Kill Skelter Helter in the tutorial.
- Deliverance: Kill Nathan Copeland in Ranking Battle 50.
- The Parade is Cancelled: Kill Charlie Macdonald in Ranking Battle 25.
- Kill it with Fire: Defeat Matt Helms in Ranking Battle 24.
- Not my Type: Kill Cloe Walsh in Ranking Battle 23.
- Shake it up: Kill Dr. Letz Shake in Ranking Battle 10.
- Slay of the Dragon: Defeat Ryuji in Ranking Battle 7.
- Sublime: Kill Margaret Moonlight in Ranking Battle 4.
- Spaced Out: Kill Captain Vladimir in Ranking Battle 3.
- Asura Asunder: Kill Alice Twilight in Ranking Battle 2.
- It’s too batt: Kill Jasper Batt Jr. in Ranking Battle 1.
- A Brother’s Nightmare: Kill Mimmy in Henry’s dream. This sequence takes place immediately after battling Ryuji.
- High School Drama Pt.2: Defeat Kimmy Howell in the Ranking Challenge. This match becomes available anytime after killing Charlie Macdonald and going back into the motel from the map screen.
- Ryan’s Bestie: Complete all of Ryan Yamazaki’s gym training. Clear these whenever possible as new stamina and muscle training becomes available when you reach the next rank.
- To Court Death: Defeat all 15 bosses in Death Match, which is unlocked on the title menu after completing the game once. Death Match is a Bitter-difficulty boss time attack mode.
- Minigame Masteroo: Play the first stage of all 8 side jobs at least once. The side jobs are Bug Out, Lay the Pipe, Coconut Grabber, Pizza with a Vengeance, Man the Meat, Tile in Style, Getting Trashed and Stings So Good. All 8 will be unlocked after Ranking Battle 23. This achievement is completely unobtainable at present due to a faulty tracker tallying only 7 of the 8 side jobs. Meeting all the criteria does not unlock this achievement at the moment. Also be aware that any side jobs played currently resets the tracker counting 510 kills.
- Cat Lover Supreme: Help Jeane reduce her weight to under 11 pounds. After each Ranking Battle, feed her premium food and go through the list of exercises with her until there are none left to do, then repeat after coming home from the next match.
- Desperate Massacre: Kill 510 thugs. This achievement can be difficult at present because of a faulty tracker causing the counter to reset after clearing a Revenge Mission or side job. Ignore these if possible until after the achievement unlocks. If you reach the end before this pops, load the Clear Data and begin a New Game +. The tracker will pick up where it left off and you will earn this before long just by playing the Ranking Battles again. Training with Ryan does not reset the tracker so go crazy there, sometimes literally.
- Maybe See a Doctor?: Enter all 10 bathrooms where progress is saved. There is one bathroom before the majority of boss fights, as well as Travis’ own motel bathroom. This achievement is completely unobtainable at present due to a faulty tracker tallying only 9 of the 10 bathrooms. Meeting all the criteria does not unlock this achievement at the moment.
- It was a Desperate Struggle: Unlock the other 21 achievements for this platinum trophy-style reward. This achievement is completely unobtainable at present due to programming issues hindering Minigame Masteroo, Maybe See a Doctor? and to some extent Desperate Massacre. Meeting all the criteria is impossible at the moment.
- Shinobu Strikes!: Kill Million Gunman in Ranking Battle 9.
- Shinobu Strikes Again!: Kill New Destroyman in Ranking Battle 8.
TL;DR broken achievements
Earning all 22 achievements right now isn’t possible. The best we can do without a patch from Engine Software is 19/22. The reasons for this are as follows:
- Minigame Masteroo requires all 8 side jobs to be played, but one isn’t counted by the tracker, leaving everyone stuck at 7/8.
- Maybe See a Doctor? requires you to enter all 10 bathrooms, but one bathroom isn’t counted by the tracker, leaving everyone stuck at 9/10.
- It was a Desperate Struggle: This is a freebie for earning the other 21 achievements, but one is very touchy while two are completely broken.
- Desperate Massacre asks you to kill 510 thugs but resets the count anytime you finish a Revenge Mission or side job. You need to ignore Revenge Missions and side jobs completely until after this pops. If you have already done a couple, don’t sweat it. Just forget about them temporarily and stick to Ranking Battles. If you defeat Jasper Batt Jr. and still haven’t unlocked this, when you load your Clear Data and begin a New Game + the tracker will still be ticking. Use this playthrough to wrap up the achievement, then get back to Revenge Missions and side jobs.
Overall this guide was written from past experience however I must shout out Viilipurkki for the revelation in the comments that Desperate Massacre is not completely bugged as previously thought.
Here we come to an end for No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle All Achievements Complete Guide + Gameplay Tips hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle Posts List