Baldur’s Gate 3 Joining Failed Error Fix
1. Give Your PS5 a Little Internet Break
When you see the message, “Joining failed: Something went wrong on our end; please try again” on your PS5, a quick fix could be disconnecting from the internet. It’s like giving it a mini-vacation! Here’s how you do it:
- Head to the top right corner on your PS5 and tap on Settings.
- From there, dive into the Network option.
- Pick the “Settings” option in that Network menu.
- Switch off the “Connect to the Internet” button. It’s like turning off the lights when you leave a room.
- If you want another route, try going to Settings > Set-up internet connection and remove the saved internet network.
2. Steam’s Cloud Sync? Maybe Not Today.
If that didn’t do the trick, think about turning off the Steam Cloud sync for Baldur’s Gate 3. It’s pretty straightforward:
- Open the Steam client on your computer. You know, the one with the logo that looks like a gear and a drop of water having a chat.
- Search for Baldur’s Gate 3 in your library.
- Give a right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 and go for Properties.
- Look for the General tab. It’s usually hanging out somewhere at the top.
- There, just toggle off the Steam Cloud option. It’s like snoozing an alarm.
3. Freshen Up the Local Data of Baldur’s Gate 3
If you’re still facing the issue, consider cleaning up Baldur’s Gate 3‘s local data. It’s like spring cleaning but digital:
- Type Run in the Search bar and hit the Enter key.
- When the Run dialog pops up, type in “%localappdata%” (minus the quotes) and press Enter again.
- It’ll open a new folder in File Explorer. Fun, right?
- Look for the Larian Studios folder in there and clean out all its contents. Think of it as decluttering your digital closet.
And that’s the wrap on troubleshooting the “Joining failed: Something went wrong on our end; please try again” error in Baldur’s Gate 3. Follow these steps, and you should be back to your adventures in no time. Happy gaming!
- Check All Baldur's Gate 3 Posts List