Back in 1997, Age of Empires was shipped with some video files that sadly weren’t included into Definitive Edition since the RAW files are lost.
If you’re in for a nostalgic trip, I’ve probably got the right thing for you: I bundled all videos together into a .rar-file and uploaded them for you to use it 🙂
These are the original files that are inside the Age of Empires\avi folder so you might need to convert them to .mp4 to make them work for DE.
– LOGO1.avi (Microsoft logo that was used on AoE 1, AoE 2, Flight Simulator 98 and various other games)
– LOGO2.avi (Ensemble Studios logo)
– INTRO.avi (The original intro)
– INTROX.avi (Rise of Rome intro)
– 8 campaign videos (BAB1, BAB2, EGYP1, EGYP2, GREEK1, GREEK2, YAMA1, YAMA2)
How to implement the files + location of DE’s videos
– Locate DE’s video folder (see below)
– Convert files (if .avi-format doesn’t work)
– Paste them into DE’s video folder and rename them (make sure to backup files)
DE’s videos are located inside AoEDE\Assets\Video and contain the following files:
– FE Splash_4K.mp4 (Forgotten Empires intro)
– intro.mp4 (DE’s intro)
– Microsoft_Studios.mp4 (the new Microsoft intro)
Note: I sadly haven’t found the right location for campaign videos yet so you have to figure that out yourself.
Download link (Google Drive)
This is all for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition How to Implement Original Video Files in Game hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- Check All Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Posts List