Welcome to WILDLANDS.. ^^
Quick Start Guide
What is GR:Wildlands ?
- Wildlands released 03/2017 – ..with 2 DLCs and several Updates till 2019
- one of the real AAA heavyweight games (already 6.8 million players in Beta)
- well received Cross-over that puts GhostRecon-series into a huge open-world
- sandbox-style exploration and immersive options keep you interested for long.. esp. COOP
- captivating story and very good grafics (even 2021) as well as cinematics
- Playthrough time: 80-100hours.. +2 DLCs (15hours each)
- Tier1-mode: ..to reach Tier 01 ~400hours
- farming 95% of the Gear: 800hours (6-10 months ..casuals 1-2 years)^^
Some Facts first..
1. best weapons come via hard quests in some regions (or SeasonPass/DLC.. or RealMoney)
2. most things/quests need to be discovered
3. Loot Crates only get you “custom design” normal weapons (can´t be tweaked 1% = SH*T)
4. Story is quite nice, but you´ll have barely scratched the surface in first 20 hours
5. Clearing all regions will take well above 100 hours.
Easy / Normal / Advanced / Extreme
- new Players should familiarize with the game in NORMAL..
- upon reaching Level 30 (FG:35) enter “Tier1-mode” (scroll down) for additional Rewards(!)
- hardcore option: “Ghost Mode” (Permadeath) barely rewards the risk, still deadly
Once you step into a new Region, always do this..
- capture Pimps/Captains (usually in fast sporty cars.. -> just deactivate the cars, then GRAB)
- secure Intel and talk to informants
- collect new Weapons/Attachments (often in UNIDAD base or similar difficulty)
- enough digging will start the Story-quest for each region
Doing Rebel-Sidequests (green) rewards several Bonuses. You need the Resources to improve your Perks and depending on the type of Quest you increase your Relationship with the Rebels – making them valuable assets:
- a big help is Mortar Support against heavy Resistance
- a pack of leveled up Rebels makes a big difference
Upgrading your Perks is elemental to succeed in this game. Better Perks are quite costly and you will have to find/collect Perk-points on the map by securing related Intel first
- Stealthy Playstyle helps a lot
- Suppressor reduces gunfire-sound
- Attention with penetrating rounds (->enemies hear it hitting metal/concrete behind)
- Attack fortified enemy bases at Night (reduced Detection-range)
- Upon reaching Tier25, play Coop or check out “Ghost-mode” (Permadeath)
- Check “Tools of War” -Guide, especially since I added all SniperScopes recently
- Always check player-stats before you befriend anyone, Coop is crawling with gun-blazin lunatics (esp. weekends) -> Look for 40%+ / 50%+ (aka Ranger) ..and you will enjoy the game
Enjoy the game..
Sniper Mastery (Expert Marksman)
Note: It´s mandatory to train at least 150m / 200m / 250m shots for DailyChallenge
This is more or less Sniper-Basics. But depending on Mission and Game-mode secure shots @250-450m are extremely helpful
-> needless to say this requires a lot of training ^^
Example: T5Xi Tactical (best SniperScope) + .50BFG
(weapons with similar bullet-drop: HTI / Tac50 / SR1 / SRSA1 / M40A5 / M1891 / SR-25)
My Rule of Thumb: below red cross ~250m.. 1st line ~370m ... 1,5 clicks ~500m ... 2nd line ~600m
Distances: 250m / 360m / 500m / 600m
Max. Distance vs Soft-targets (humans) is ~590m (despawn-distance) Max. Distance of halfway secure shots on bigger targets (vehicles) is 600-900m 700+m should be regarded "Art".. -> requires a select handful of weapons ..
- Be extremely cautious when trying to engage moving targets. If not sure, use “Sync-Shot” !!
Especially UNIDAD can backfire, if you miss or just use weaker weapons that can´t kill 1-hit.
- If you shoot from a hill or at enemies in a tower, ADJUST your aim accordingly. Don´t forget..
Playing “Ghost”-style is fun, but challenging. The game tries to mess up your stealthy approach from different angles, that means you need to be aware what´s going on around you.. otherwise you die fast. The following Screenshot should give you a rough idea..
– Entry via Helicopter (tricky, but saves you some hassle)
– Prone position, then start secure spotting with Drone
– 2 snipers, Alarm, Gatling, 2 Gunners, and some Sicarios
– Attention: Sniper + Sicario on the other side of the basin (Welcome to Wildlands^^)
– Reinforcements: Deactivate the AlarmTower or spot/deactivate the Generator
– Convoy: Escorts/Heli can mess up any mission, be careful
Once maxed (Lv.30 /FallenGhosts Lv.35) activate Tier1-mode, IF you search for a true Challenge. Enemy Reaction-time increases each Tierlevel, while you can upgrade your weapon damage further.
note 1: You can deactivate it any time, if you struggle with a mission
note 2: Upgrading weapons in Tiermode to Lv.30 involves a ton of farming resources
You start at Tier50, upon reaching Tier40 you get the awesome DesertTech HTI Sniper Rifle
Activating Tier1-mode changes Difficulty according to Tier level (-> below Tier30 = EXTREME)
note: Tier1-mode is harder “by Default” ..that means Tier20 is harder than normal “Extreme”
- Tier25 possible in same STORY-Playthrough ..by clearing all Regions and defeating ALL Bosses ..plus regular farming of Convoys
- Tier20 and below is Coop-territory (quite slow doing it solo.. -> Healing Drone ftw)
- Tier01: well, it takes time.. Tier25->Tier01 around 6 weeks with dedication ^^
XP / Tier -Points
..besides the +50% BOOSTERS (+25% for teammates) from STORE and the +5% permanent XP Bonus for SeasonPass-owners, I´ll list some ways to optimize your Leveling^^
- Convoys (Pro-style: Spot, Sync, Clear, Grab)
- Unidad-bases (Stealth-clear)
- SantaBlanca bases (ALL Rebel-Skills max)
- Story Missions
- Collecting Documents + Legends
- Discover new Locations (marked: “?“)
-> Rule no.1 : Don´t get spotted! ..If you do, kill them fast before alarm
- MARKED (WeaponAim “RMB”, Drone, Binoculars, RebelSpotting “AreaDetection”)
- Headshot / CQC
Best sources forTier-Points:
- Convoys (Solo)
- Convoys (Coop -Taskforce/Friends)
- several Boss-Missions
- Convoys (Coop – Random)
- Rebel Missions
- Story Missions
- Enemy Vehicles with 3-4 passengers (->Spotting first)
- Secondary Objectives (Generator,Jammer,..)
Once you are strong enough and play Tier1-mode, make sure to do as many daily challenges as you can, since those reward you with a lot of FREE CRATES ^^
CRATES (-> new Gear)
Your main source of new Gear. Daily Challenges are mandatory to grow your weapon arsenal..
DailyChallenges can get you 10 Prestige-Crates and 1 SpecOps-Crate every week.
Note: every 20 Prestige-Crates opened, you get a free SpecOps/GhostWar crate, too
Drop Rate (Crates %Chance)
note: Battle-Crates (SpecOps / GhostWar) are special and valuable, as those cost money or require WeeklyChallenge.. these Crates will ALWAYS pop items you don´t have yet.
-> That means, at some point you will get all the Legendaries, DESPITE low Drop-chance for Legendaries as shown below .. and once you got everything ~300 Credits every time^^
My “Drop-Rate” -Stats (~700 hours):
|Prestige -Crates||Spec Ops -Crates|
Game Modes (GhostMode, Mercenaries, …)
Singleplayer (offline + online)
- Standard: Story/Campaign
- Ghost Mode (PermaDeath)
- Standard: Coop (Story)
- Guerrilla (4 player Coop vs Waves) ..resource-farming in Coop is faster
- Ghost Wars (4vs4 Team PvP) ..handful of players (mostly weekend)
- Mercenaries (8 player PvEvP ) ..dead
Backup Location (Save-files)
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\…\3559”
Here we come to an end for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands Beginners Guide and Basic Gameplay Tips in 2021 hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- All Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands Posts List