This mod is about restoring the original “NEEDY GIRL OVERDOSE” title to the boot screen (BIOS and OS boot logo) of the game when the language is set to English.
- I do not expect any unintended behaviour (random crashes, f*cked up savedata…) arising from this mod, but I can’t guarantee it.
- Every single time the game is updated, Steam will potentially realize that the file we’ve modified is different to the original file, so it’ll probably be replaced by the original one, and thus you’ll have to apply all these steps again or replace the file with a backup of the modified one (in case this file was not updated in that patch but Steam replaced it with the original one anyway).
We’re going to need a basic text editor (Windows’ Notepad will be more than good enough) and the “UABEA” Unity modding tool, which you can get here: https://github.com/nesrak1/UABEA – [github.com]
Modding the boot screen
The modifications consist on a very basic file replacement and a text edit by doing the following:
- Open UABEA.
- Click on “File”, “Open”, and open the “sharedassets0.assets” file located on the “\Windose_Data” directory.
- Select the most recent Unity version on the list, which for now seems to be working.
- Search for the file “Bios_nso” with a type “Sprite”, this is a small image which is overlaid on the BIOS screen. After finding the file, select it and click on “Export dump” and save the file with a familiar name and on a location where you can easily find it later.
- Do the same steps with the “boot_logo” file with a type “Sprite”.
- Now, open the .txt you obtained by exporting the “Bios_nso” (the default name would be something like “Bios_nso-sharedassets0.assets-218.txt”) and change the 6th line (0 float width = 733) to “0 float width = 0” and the 7th line (0 float height = 69) to “0 float height = 0” (just change those values to 0 on both lines), and save the file.
- Now go back to UABEA, find the “bg_boot_en” file with type “Sprite”, select it, click on “Import dump” and select the file obtained when exporting the “boot_logo” file.
- After that, find again the “Bios_nso” file with type “Sprite”, select it, click on “Import dump” and select the file previously modified “Bios_nso” .txt file.
- Click on “File”, “Save”, and save the “sharedassets0.assets” file to a known location.
- Finally, close UABEA and replace the original “sharedassets0.assets” file located on “\Windose_Data” with the one you just saved.
- Your game is now fixed 😉
Here we come to an end for NEEDY STREAMER OVERLOAD How to Restore the Original (NEEDY GIRL OVERDOSE) hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All NEEDY STREAMER OVERLOAD Posts List