ET: Legacy basic info
Since the WolfET release here on Steam, there are many mentions to install ET:Legacy instead and connect it to the launcher. Here is a post explaining what ET:L is and why it is used to play W:ET nowadays.
ET:Legacy is a long-going community project thats goal is to fix bugs, optimize the game and support compatibility for new hardware and OS versions, while staying close to the original gameplay of WolfET. It comes with updated engine code and its own mod, which replaces the original “etmain” mod that WolfET was released with.
There are too many fixes and new features to include in one post, but probably the most commonly known changes are:
– proper wide-screen support,
– built-in minimizer (Alt+TAB),
– clean Server Browser in the game without fake player numbers or dublicated servers in the list,
– raw mouse input support,
– many security fixes, including keeping Main Menu clean of downloaded customizations from servers,
– support for new hardware, and OS like: Win, Linux, OSx, Raspberry, Android;
– keeping compatibility with many ET 2.60b mods,
– generated GUIDs (Note: etkeys that are used to save players progress, created by PunkBuster in past),
– extended Options menu, including most of settings that a regular user would like to change,
– new Byesian skill rating system in Legacy mod,
– new assets here and there,
– extended refresh rate support for new monitors, and FPS cap extended to 250 FPS.
You can read more about ET:L features on the website in “About” section: https://www.etlegacy.com/about – [etlegacy.com]
Keep in mind that some features are MOD-only, meaning that you can use them just on servers running Legacy mod. You can filter servers by mods in the in-game server browser.
What about activity?
Legacy mod is played every day, and ET:L client is used by many people that play on other mods, too. Most of Legacy-mod players visit “TeamMuppets” community server, which is packed full in the evenings (EU time), or “WestCoast Grizzlies” in USA region. Of course, you can also visit many other servers with compatible mods. I suggest visitng et.trackbase.net – [trackbase.net] and picking a server there. Most of active servers are old communities with good administration.
ET:L has also a competitive scene, which is very active recently. So if you enjoy 3v3-6v6 matches with mics and focus on tactics, visit their Discord here: https://discord.gg/dHa34AuFHp – [discord.gg]
How to install?
You can check out Download section on www.etlegacy.com – [etlegacy.com] website. There are installers available, too, which are pretty easy to manage.
If you would like to connect ET:L client to the WolfET Steam release, check out a new video by Aciz on: https://youtu.be/lUxPCx1zbAs – [youtu.be]
ET:L Discord: https://discord.gg/UBAZFys – [discord.gg]
Here we come to an end for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory How to Play ET For Beginners hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Posts List