This guide contains Autohotkey scripts to a*sist you in Darktide with your autosprint, autoquell, and other needs.
Fatshark’s -tide games can be very punishing on your hands/fingers/wrists, especially with all the repetitive actions you need to achieve certain specific combat loops and sequences. All this repetitive stress can cause problems in your wrists, resulting in carpal tunnel syndrome or general RSI.
To compensate, players often use tools like Autohotkey, which allows them to write simple scripts to automate repetitive actions such as autoclicking or autocasting.
Deep Rock Galactic does not have an autosprint function. This is despite sprinting being a core part of the gameplay. To that end, I use an Autosprint script to enable me to sprint in-game continuously.
I needed a script similar to Darktide, so I repurposed it for Deep Rock. I then extended it heavily for Darktide.
I also added an automaticquell function to relieve stress from having reloaded/quell on all the time as Psyker.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- AutoHotkey is installed
- Recommendation: Keyboard and function keys
- WASD for movement keys (unless otherwise stated, this should be the case).
- It would be best if you read the guide. The scripts can’t be used ‘out of box’ and require some work.
The script(s), which have two functions, may be separated or added to. (TBC)
- Autoquell/Psyker mode
What does ‘autosprint?’ do in this script?
- The script holds the sprint button down 24/7 unless you are doing things that prevent you from sprinting (shooting, ADS etc.).
- The exception to the previous: Moving forward + holding LCLlick: Although charging forward as a zealot using a charged heavy won’t break sprint, any other movement (strafing or forward+strafe), will break sprint if you’re spamming with L/R Clicks
This script shows what ‘autoquell’ does (only if the Psyker mode has been activated):
- It allows you to press one button to continuously quell the program without holding down the key. (Script will hold down the key for you for maximum 4 seconds, after which it will automatically release the reload/quell).
- You can set up auto-stops to stop you from shooting/ADSing or switching weapons/tools. Staff switching is not allowed.
What does the ‘Psyker Mode’ toggle do in this script?
- Psyker mode allows the autoquell functionalities in this script. It is disabled for all other cla*ses
- You should hear the mode switch on/off sound (2 beeps signify that psykermode (on)).
- Psyker mode by default, is turned off
Instructions and notes of usage
These scripts require you to put in some effort.
This involves changing your keybinds in-game and in scripts. Otherwise, scripts won’t work.
The simplest way to use this script is to download the “personal keybind” version and match your ingame Darktide Keys to mine. (You can refer to the top portion of the script to see the keys I use in-game).
I will provide TWO scripts. One script is dependent on my custom Darktide keybinds.
The other script is customizable, but you will need to Find & Replace’ the keys to match your in-game keybinds.
For the best compatibility with this script, you need to replace it in-game regardless of what script you are using.
- Sprint: Try to replace to a Function Key (defaults to F7 from my pre-bindedScript)
- Reload: Try to replace to a function key (default to F8 from my pre-bindedScript).
Other important keys (that are possible to change, but you should not):
- F6/SUSPEND key: Suspends all script hotkeys
- F4 / PSYKERMODE key: Toggles ‘Psyker mode’ on/off
You can also use the Psyker mode’ features of this script. Hit a button once and the script will hold reload/quell without you holding it down.
The script’s alternative hotkey (3_ALTRELOAD to customize, ‘r’ for my keybind config), will also change its functionality slightly to tap for reload and hold briefly for toggle on’ when Psyker is active.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly – When you’re ingame, hit the WALK key to ‘kickstart the script.’ The script won’t immediately start sprinting for you once you start it. .
The script may jam occasionally. Use the WALK key to restart it and unjam the script. You should make a habit out of tapping this key every now and again to ensure that it doesn’t jam. (This key helps because it resets certain key states that it’s tracking internally, whether you were sprinting/reloading/shooting/etc. AHK can’t keep up with intense fights so this tracking can become jumbled.
Download the Links
Please copy and paste the contents into a text file and save them as.AHK files.
Finally, run one with Autohotkey.
For usage instructions, see the Usage notes section.
Script using my Darktide keybinds:
https://pastebin.com/4F96Y68X – [pastebin.com]
Script with customizable keys
https://pastebin.com/QD3kxiL8 – [pastebin.com]
- Specific melee attacks/attack chains can be interrupted if you move in circles while spamming attack attacks.
- The script can occasionally jam, especially during/after rapid combination key inputs. To ‘kickstart/restart’ script, use the WALK Key
- (Customizable scripts only) If your sprint key has been entered into chat or another text program, suspend the script, then hit the’sprint key’ on your keyboard and the key will be released. This should not cause any problems if you’re using Function keys to sprint/reload.
Here we come to an end for Warhammer 40000: Darktide Autosprint and Autoquell Scripts Guide hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All Warhammer 40000: Darktide Posts List