Do you require assistance in resolving a Settings.formatVersion “General Error”? You’re protected by me!
As of launch day, I encoutered the pictured issue in the Paradox launcher:
Thankfully the launcher settings are easy to find, and as JSON, is easily editable by any text editor!
1. Right-click on Victoria 3 in your steam library. Find and click “Browse local files”.
2. You should see a window open to your local Victoria 3 installation. Open the “launcher” folder.
3. Open “launcher-settings.json” with any basic text editor (not Word!).
4. Find the “formatVersion” value, which should be at the top. It was “1.1” for me; change it to just “1” (sans quotes).
5. Relaunch, and you should be good!
I hope this helps!
Hope you enjoy the post for Victoria 3 How to Fix General Game Issues in Game, If you think we should update the post or something is wrong please let us know via comment and we will fix it how fast as possible! Thank you and have a great day!
- Check All Victoria 3 Posts List
Leave a Reply