This step-by-step guide will a*sist you in permanently removing REDLauncher and (, fingers crossed) from your computer.
Because I couldn’t find any solution to this problem, other than the –launcher-skip command (() It is far from perfect.)… I’m determined to find my own solution.
This article is divided into two sections:
1. Removing the RED Launcher.
2. CDPR (prevents users’ data collection from Other parties) is allowed while in-game, without their knowledge or agreement.
– These solutions are only compatible with machines that use the Windows system.
This guide should help you solve problems in “some“, which is a game like Cyberpunk 2077.
PART 1 – RED Launcher
* Adware, Spyware/Data Collector. Unauthorized Login to GOG Account of Current PC User. Data Harvesting.
* Additional functions include switching between DirectX 11/12 for the game and optional.
CDPR enforcement of potentially unwanted software was possible with Next-Gen Update. The software claims to only be a Game Launcher.
This added mandatory “Launcher” is over 0.5GB and cannot be skipped or removed in normal methods; it prevents customers from accessing the game without DOWNLOADING AND USING it.
1. Turn off auto updates for Witcher 3 game. To do so, right-click on the title of the game > Properties > Local files > Browse.
2. Type exe in a search bar and press Enter.
There will be two files called “witcher3.exe”. The larger one is for DirectX 12 and the smaller one is for 11.
Right-click the one. corresponds with the version you wish to use Select “Open File location”
3. Left-click on the end of the path to the folder and copy it.
4. Open the) (.txt file that you created on the Desktop or any other location.
5, Type inside: start /d. Once you have pressed a spacebar, press ctrl+v. Press the spacebar again to write: witcher3.exe
Content should look like this start /d “C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64_dx12\” witcher3.exe
Save the file, and change the extension to TXT or BAT.
How to create a fake EXE file
A game launched directly from platforms such as Steam will always search for launcher files… so we need to trick it by creating alternative executable files.
This file will help to get rid of RED Launcher and also prevent the game process from being stopped.
1. To open as Administrator, press Windows Key.
2. Follow the image instructions.
If you’re unable to follow a step, just press NEXT.
3. Create a new.txt titled: setup_redlauncher. Change its extension from TXT. to EXE.
4. Both newly created files are copied to The Witcher 3, the main folder for the game.
5. If you have already used –launcher-skip commands, please make sure to REMOVE them now. Otherwise, the game will not launch.
Auto-updates are now back on (If you would like toc).
There is a possibility that RED Launcher may be re-downloaded as a result of a new update to the game.
If that happens, you can simply copy your exe files into The Witcher 3 folder.
Some files may still be left over from the REDLauncher but shouldn’t cause any problems. If anyone has any information, please leave it in the comments.
PART 2 – The Game’s Users Data Collection
Before you move on, you should know that this solution will likely require you to give up cross-platforms (GOG – Consoles).
This feature is not for you if you don’t want it to “lose”. Please concentrate only on the first section.
Reasoning and Concerns on the Topic:
Some people are concerned about CDRP (Other third parties) collects user data via the game itself, earlier and/or other than what is stated by the company.
Numerous reports have indicated that data could could be collected even before players ask for it; players can share this data if they wish.
It doesn’t matter whether it is truthful or not.
I am not offering any advice.
Solution 1 (less probable to work)
0. If you are not launching the game for the first time, and you already have some progress, go to Documents. Delete The Witcher 3 folder and rename it to something like The Witcher 3xyz.
1. Start the game by disconnecting your internet connection
2. After the game loads, you should see multiple pop-up windows, including this one.
2-2. Refuse to accept it and exit the match.
3. Start the game again, and wait until the Main Menu appears. After that, exit the game once more.
4. Connect your internet back.
This should theoretically stop data leakage.
Solution 2: Firewall
1. Press Windows Key > Type Firewall and you will open the Windows Defender Firewall.
2. Choose Advanced settings on the left Control Panel
3. Click on Outbound Rules, to create a New Rule. Select Program in a new tab.
4. Select 2nd option. Browse to (for witcher3.exe files (. This will locate the one that corresponds with the DirectX version you intend to use.
5. Choose Block the connection. Next, ensure that all connections have been ticked On.
6. Name it The Witcher 3.
You can continue this process with the second exe file if you need to switch between the DirectX version and Inbound connections.
I hope this guide is useful to someone.
Please let us know if you have any suggestions, or if you find mistakes.
If I have some spare time (24-A03508565A), then I will write a guide to performance improvements.
Hope you enjoy the post for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt How to Disable Red Launcher, If you think we should update the post or something is wrong please let us know via comment and we will fix it how fast as possible! Thank you and have a great day!
- Check All The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Posts List