This is a walk-through and achievement guide for The Bathhouse
Hey all! Thanks for choosing my guide. I tried to make it as complete as possible. I also experimented with different options to determine what is important for the end achievements. Many things that appeared to be important don’t really matter. For example, the hole and dialogue options. My guide is not final. You can make things slightly different to get similar results. I also included some personal choices, such as tossing Maina’s creepy doll and not touching it at any time as Erena.
You will also see achievements in the walkthrough. Here’s a summary for your viewing pleasure.
EEasiest way to get out the way Day 1 on your way to the baths. To the right of the main street, go up the hill. Continue on to the temple grounds. You will need to climb another set of stairs. Place the bundles on four racks at the temple grounds. Once all 13 bundles have been placed and fished, the achievement unlocks.
Follow and follow the guide, but don’t forget to do some things right. The easiest way to go is to follow the guide. However, if you are asked to grab the tongs and fill the boilers using wood, I suggest not doing so. Skip the basement hatch section. Return to work and carry on the game as normal. You can also fail the matching puzzle.
Please see the “Bath Puzzle” section in the guide for a walkthrough.
Follow our guide. Keep in mind that dialogue choices don’t count.
We meet Maina, our main character. She talks about how she quit her job to go to a bathhouse and gets rent free.
- Get all your boxes!
- Head upstairs to Room 203
- Meet your new landlord.
- Hold your key and enter Room 203
- Drop your boxes below the hole in a wall at the interaction spot
- Check out the hole. But don’t click. Or, select “…”.
- You can leave your new home
Explore the Hill
- Proceed down the street to the small town
- Look right at the end near the grey wall
- Take the stairs up to the temple grounds
- Do not speak to monk yet.
- Go through temple grounds, then go up the next set stairs
- Fishing pole on bridge for sacks
- Place them on four decorative hangers in the temple courtyard downstairs
- [UNLOCK: Collector]
Get to work
- Take the stairs down to return to the main street
- Continue walking away
- The end of the right is where you will find the baths – there is no door or blue and red curtains.
- Talk to the boss/lord of men’s, past the blue curtains
- Assist customers behind-the-scenes
- Nap after listening to/reading radio newscasts
- Futa is a man’s bath.
- Enjoy the men’s sauna
- Check the boiler room. (Skippable. Not important)
- Talk to Futa once more
- Return to work in the lobby
- Woman puts on clothes, rings a bell. Enjoy a nice conversation as she leaves
- Go to the men’s side
- Grab a broom in the small supply cabinet to the right of your door
- Take out all black patches from both sides of the baths
- Choose the first stool on the left side of the woman’s side.
- Turn on the faucet below the mirror to take a hot shower
Good Morning Sunshine
- Recheck the hole. But don’t pull.
- Leave home
- You can go to a mourning woman in front the baths
Back to the Job
- Go to work
- Help customers
- Talk to Denko
- Look out for a Mysterious girl in the women’s lobby doorway
- Nap, I guess because nbd
- Men’s side: Drink from the fridge
- Go to Keichi, take a bath, and give him his drink
- Power out
- Enter the appliance store
- Talk to Denko
- Use key
- Alarm system for a fire alarm
- Keep her distracted by the key.
- Go outside, to the left of the building
- While holding the key stolen, open the breaker and flip the switch.
- Retire to the baths
- Clean up your gear and take it out of the supply closet. Notice the spooky stain on the women’s sauna.
- Wait in the lobby to your right.
- Move to the men’s end and turn off the showers
Slice of Life
- Check the hole again. Do not pull still.
- Check the sign at the candy store
- Outside the bathhouse, a monkey is visible
- Get to work
- Help customers. Notice sign to obtain baking soda
- Answer the phone
- Talk to Imojiro, the man with the cart
|1||I’d like a potato|
|2||In the ground|
- Visit a candy shop
- Talk to Umeki
- Tama-Chan can be found in the bathroom next to your home
- Tama-chan can be returned
- Get your key and dolly
- To access the baking soda, press the key on the chest in your back.
- You can toss the doll in a trashcan near baths
- Go back to the baths
- As you hold baking soda, scrub the shower heads with red clouds.
- Shower, take a peek to your right
- Relax in the sauna
- Continue to ignore this hole. This is fine
- Leave home
- Go to the park
- Talk to Matsuno
- Go to the temple
- Ask the monk for blessings
- Go to work
- Check out Shotaro’s men’s lobby
- Take a first aid kit to the floor of the women’s bathroom.
- First aid kit in hand, return to Shotaro
- Talk to Michi
- In the women’s restroom, check out what’s going on
- Toilet paper added to your supply closet
- Return to the women’s bathroom
- Take supplies from the closet and clean the drains on both ends
- Look to your left for the corner bath
- Talk to Maho
- Grab your bag
- Maina’s car
- Approach Room 203
- BossLord, talk to us
- Enter Room 205
- Your bag should be dropped at the interaction point
- Check out our room
Runs in your family
- Go to bathhouse
- Don’t forget to pick up the dirty towels in the women’s side lobby
- Talk to Sanami
- Go left, check the floor next to the farthest bath
- Room 203 keys available for pick up
- After speaking with Matsuno leave
- Go uphill to the temple and take firewood at sign
- Pray at the altar with a 5 yen Coin
- Get a newspaper article with charm!
- Use the key to get to apartment 203
- Take newspaper B, and leave doll
- Move tatami and pick up newspaper c
- To “read newspaper”, use newly combined items
- Read Yoko’s Diary
- Take sweet potato out of the fridge
- Toss your trash in the area next to the baths
- Give sweet potato to crow
- Look for a key on the ground
- Pick up and use the marked locker located on the left side by the bath entranceway
- Take trash key
- Use key to lock trash area in street
- Drain tube
To make it worse, you can leave the tongs at home and add wood.
- Go to the boiler room
- Tongs should be placed to the left side of the boilers. You can use them to inspect the bottom of each boiler
- Last one to right has Boiler Key
- To drain the washer, you can use a pipe. It can be used to wash dirty towels
- Wait, get washed towels
- Place them in the women’s side lobby, under the rubber ducky Sign
- Back to the boiler room
- Use boiler room keys on the rear door
- Use a well-lit basement hatch
- Turn left and walk along a narrow dark path.
- Look for two notes in the ground near the altar and then read them
- Read the book at the altar
- Bolt cutters are located to the left of your altar.
- Take a chain around the base to reach the rear column
- Follow the chain to hold the cutters. When prompted, cut
- Examine the occupant
- Take off
- Return to the boiler room
- Add firewood to each of the boilers, then pick up the last one from floor boiler room.
- Enter the sauna, go to the women’s spa
- Talk to your sister
- Take one more bath at the same spot
Day 5: Bath Puzzle
This puzzle will take you five minutes to collect items from the women’s lobby. Then, look at where they are located in the men’s baths and then match their placement in the ladies’ baths. Before you start, make sure to take screenshots of the layout and understand the positions. Once you have completed the puzzle correctly, the sequence will end. This guide will show where to place the bath items for women’s baths. I have taken screenshots of how I placed them.
Step by step
Place a stool on the spot closest the wall, front pool.
Place a bathtub on the opposite side of your pool, closest to the wall
Place the body wash in the last spot to your right on the first shower island that faces the pools
Place the rubber ducky at the end of the tub, directly ahead of the entry to the pool.
Go to the opposite side of the shower island row facing the far showers. Place the conditioner near the sauna at the end.
Place a stool outside the sauna’s far-wall shower.
To the left side of the stool Maina uses for showering all game, place your shampoo.
A tub can be placed next to the stool.
The last stool should be placed between the two shower islands.
- [UNLOCKED: Memoized]
Day 5: Final
The credits and the area immediately below are still buggy at the time of this writing. I had to replay the game several times to test a path. It would freeze at the credits, then reload me for today at a fail state. If you have problems, check the game files.
Prepare to run
- Either cut hair or walk into the wall of water. However, either way, leave the bathhouse
- Keep running, don’t stop!
- Run the red Room 205 Key.
- Go to 205 to enter
- Continue into the room
- One of two cutscenes will now play depending on whether the ending is good or bad.
- [UNLOCKED: Good Ending]
- [UNLOCKED: Bad Ending]
Here we come to an end for The Bathhouse | 地獄銭湯 Full Achievements and Walkthough hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All The Bathhouse | 地獄銭湯 Posts List
Leave a Reply