Hello and welcome to this Test Drive Unlimited 2 RTX Card Map Crash Fix + Reshade Support guide.
All of you!
Recently, I purchased a quest 2 which inspired me to make some of my most loved VR games work in VR. Test Drive Unlimited 2 was very interesting to me, driving around on such a huge map using VR is incredible! This guide took me 3 days to create and I had to go through some hurdles and hiccups until it finally worked. The result is stunning.
This was tested using the steam release of TDU2. Other releases should be able to work, however, you may require manual addition of steam from TDU2 to be able to use steamVR.
I tested this with a Quest 2, but it could theoretically be compatible with other VR headsets.
DISCLAIMER – I am not accountable for you or your system are damaged.
Make sure that the files are downloaded from the right source.
1. SteamVR (standalone on Steam)
2. OVR Advanced Options (on steam)
2. TDU2 Cam Hack (from ToCA EDIT)
3. Opentrack (from GitHub)
4. DXVK (from GitHub)
5. Large Address Aware (from TechPowerUp).
6. TDU Universal Launcher (made by Knyazev) UpLauncher won’t work!
7. ReShade (optional)
Reshade Setup (optional)
1. Download ReShade
2. Start it, and then select your tdu2.
3. (IMPORTANT) Select VULKAN as the API
4. Install the effects you want
VULKAN Setup (Crash Fix)
This will fix the map crash and allow VR to function properly.
1. Download DXVK from GitHub (its a tar.gz file)
2. Open it using WinRAR or 7zip.
3. Within the file, go to x32, and copy d3d9.dll from there to the main game directory.
4. Make large addresses aware. Execute the file, point it to tdu2.exe, and patch it to make use of more than 2GB (this will eliminate the majority of stutters).
5. Place the universal launcher into your game installation folder (whitelist it when you have an antivirus). As admin, execute the command. Check in the options that the game path is right. Start the game in offline mode
6. Verify that it is working before moving on
The game should now start as an VULKAN app (you can test it with afterburner).
Typically, the API change will require you to change the resolution and Hz of your game settings.
ReShade can be usedto:
Make sure you create a ReShade button to toggle the effect off.
If you’d like to exit out of this game, you’ll need to temporarily disable ReShade effects! !
Important: In Test Drive Unlimited 2 Steam properties, OFF Steam overlays and theatres on desktop games.
1. Connect your headset to your computer and you’ll be able to launch the virtual desktop
2. On your PC, launch SteamVR in steam – make sure it has all the permissions it requires and can recognize your headset
3. Launch OVR Advanced Settings in Steam.
4. Open opentrack, set SteamVR + as its input (set hotkeys to center) and then restart the track.
5. Start following
6. Open the camera hack, enable trackIR, limit use, and disable steerlook (the mod will register your headset movement).
7. In your headset, you will now see your desktop displayed in SteamVR. Click the desktop button on the left side of the screen.
8. Launch TDU2 with the universal launcher on your PC screen (you have to use your mouse and not your VR controller)
9. Now, put your headset back on. Now the game should open in VR. We can change the screen to make it more immersive.
Let’s make it more immersive!
There is an option button on the left side of steamVR (from OVR).
1. Click on OFFSET to change the Z-axis, making the SteamVR window very close to you (so that you don’t have the borders when playing). Then , press apply.
Unfortunately, you must go through this process every time you want to play –
2. Press the button on the desktop in steamVR (next to settings)
3. Tab back to your desktop and test unlimited 2 (with your keyboard, not your VR controller).
4. Adjust the zoom level in SteamVR (Its a slider)
5. Get into the game position, and then opentrack with the hotkey. Next, adjust the camera using your numpad (the camera hack tool marks the hotkeys) until you are satisfied and then press 7.
Problem: Game won’t be able to register your Keyboard/Controller input
SOLUTION: You probably tabbed/launched into the game using your VR controller. use your keyboard and mouse instead. Then, close the game and begin over
ISSUE: Map Crash
Solution: Make sure you’ve installed DXVK(after ReShade) and that your game is actually running in VULKAN
ISSUE: Alt+Tab Crash
Solution: Switch off Reshade (it might rarely still crash, so proceed with caution).
Issue: Game won’t start
Solution: Start the game by using the universal launcher. with admin privileges. / Make sure your card supports VULKAN
That’s all! Have fun!
This is a slightly modified copy of a guide I wrote for turboduck:
https://turboduck.net/forums/topic/39394-test-drive-unlimited-2-vr-tutorial-with-rtx-card-map-crash-fix-reshade-support/ – [turboduck.net]
I sincerely hope the Test Drive Unlimited 2 RTX Card Map Crash Fix + Reshade Support was enjoyable for you to read. Please let us know in the comments box below if you find any errors in the post or have any recommendations for how it may be improved, and we will do our best to solve them as soon as possible. Thank you for your feedback! Don’t stress about it, and have a wonderful day! KKC_Tauboss, the author and originator of this post, is to thank for the inspiration. Also, if you like the post, don’t forget to add us to your bookmarks; we publish new posts every day with additional material, so be sure to check back with us frequently for more posts.
- Check All Test Drive Unlimited 2 Posts List
Leave a Reply