1. Start Game in DX11
2. Set your graphics settings NOW before going DX12, you aren´t allowed to change em after going dx12, due to instability when changing them, but they aren´t reset when clearing cached user data for some reason. If you change em after going dx12, your game might crash and you need to redo steps 1 to 6
3. After tuning in your graphics settings, go to Tab “Game” and then click on “Clear Cached User Data” on the bottom of your screen. The game will close automatically.
4. Rightclick on Properties of Squad in your Game Library
5. Go To Launch Parameters and add “-dx12”
6. Start the game
7. Never touch graphics settings again, start the game once, if you notice graphics artifacts, restart game and they should be gone, if not, welp, then this doesn´t work for you and try changing them after going dx12, the dx12 nature of squad is kinda unpredictable and it works differently on some systems.
At least this works for me on my RYZEN 5800X and RTX3080. I had 55 to 72 CPU Bottlenecks with harsh input latency in dx11 in fallujah, with dx12 i can sustain 80 to 100 now which on my 144hz monitor is so much better. you can do the -dx12 commandline in Hell let loose, insurgency sandstorm, and other UE4 4.26+ titles and it helps even high end systems with eleviating cpu/memory, whatever drawcall blah blah issues. The side effect though is, shader compilation and frametimespikes, stutters might be harsher and a bit more common.
Insurgency, HLL etc though are rocksolid on dx12 and don´t crash for me, only Squad is unstable if you f*ck around with graphics settings too much.
Here we come to an end for Squad How To Use DX12 For Higher Framerates hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All Squad Posts List