The map also has a few fixes that aren’t on the in-game map, such as bridges and the Lata Plains south power station.
This megamap is intended to show every possible optional objective in the game. However, there are some rules that govern which of them will actually spawn during a mission The following entries are grouped by threat level. The icons in the megamap are tinted green, orange and red for their respective threat levels too.
|Insertion/Extraction Points||All||Always present. You cannot deploy in a high-threat area. The higher the threat level, the longer the raft will take to arrive. High-threat extraction points contain fewer equipment kits and if you wish to extract at one, it must be repaired first.|
|Camps||All||Always present. In high-threat areas, they must be cleared of goo before activating, and will have fewer supplies.|
|Radar Relays||All||Always present. In high-threat areas, they must be cleared of goo before activating, and occasionally may need a fuse kit.|
|Supply Containers||All||Up to 3 per region. Large containers that require four boosters are worth more research points than the smaller ones.|
|Clear Locations||All||Present on expedition mode only. Always in the same named locations.|
|Raptor Traps||Low||One per region.|
|Nesting Grounds||Low||One per region.|
|Hollows||Medium||One per region.|
|Stranded Dropships||Medium||One per region.|
|Infestations (burrows)||High||One per region.|
|Rexes||High||Up to one per region, but not guaranteed.|
|Dropship Wrecks||High||One per region. Each wreck is associated with three possible black boxes, which are shown by dotted lines on the megamap.|
|Black Boxes||High||Linked to specific dropship wreckages. May sometimes lie outside the boundaries of the region in which the wreck was found. Will never appear on the in-game map, even when found. Because of this, I’ve made a custom icon for it.|
|Emergence Events||Highest||Always in the same place until the next world update. Active events are always visible on the world map anyway, but the different events are shown here for completeness since they cycle frequently.|
The map is pretty large, at 2750×2750 pixels and just under 2MB (which is the maximum file size for Steam guides).
If you want the large (5500×5500) version, you can get it onsta.sh – https://sta.sh/21e86bmo6fco.
The Megamap is the result of many dozens of playthroughs since pre-season 2. However, due to the randomness of objective spawns, and certain objectives only appearing in certain threat levels, there are still a few things missing!
Based on what we currently know about the number of objectives in each region, I believe the following are missing:
- Aga Hills: 2 Rexes, 2 Infestations, 2 Dropship Wrecks, 6 Black Boxes (basically every high-threat objective)
- Altum Valley: 1 Rex
- Magna Metram: 1 Rex, 1 Stranded Dropship, 1 Hollow
- Nova Ridge: 1 Stranded Dropships, 2 Hollows
- Vultus Bay: 1 Raptor Trap, 1 Nesting Ground
Things I might consider adding in the future…
- Locations for ammo and equipment kits
- Additional details for each campaign mission
- Flight paths for the drones
If you have older screenshots (prior to November 2020) showing things that are not currently on the map, then please send them to me too. They may not be conclusive on their own, but they can help narrow down future searches.
My preferred method of communication is Discord. Join the discord.gg – https://discord.gg/secondextinction and you’ll find me there.
If you find something new while in-game, please do the following to make your submission as useful as possible:
- Use the Steam screenshot feature or other screen grabbing tools. Don’t take a photo of your monitor!
- I need a screenshot of the map, at the highest or second-highest zoom level (use mousewheel to zoom in). It should also be centered on the item/objective.
- I will also need a screenshot of the item/objective in context. For small objects like supplies or black boxes, you should be standing a few meters away from it. For hollows, dropships and larger objects, the entire thing should be visible. Take the shots from whatever angle gives the best view of the surrounding landmarks, such as buildings and roads.
- Both your screenshots should be taken from the exact same location. You should not move or turn between taking the two! Example screenshots are below.
Many thanks to Ando for taking the time to find and document all the black boxes and work out their relationships with the wrecks.
This is all for Second Extinction™ Tundra Megamap hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- All Second Extinction™ Posts List