The Thunderstore Mod manager sadly only works on Windows. Luckily It isn’t the only mod manager.
There is also the (open source) mod manager r2modman. It works great on Linux and since it has a Appimage, it can easily be installed on the Steam deck as well. It was originally intended for risk of rain, but works with rounds as well.
This mod Manager also has a exe if you want to use it on a windows system as your mod manager
On the steam deck, you have to go in the desktop mode to install it. After the initial process you can add the program to steam to make it accessible via the steam deck ui. (I don’t have one, so I cant tell how to do that)
Installation for advanced user.
2. setup rounds mods and have fun.
If you access the guide on the device (or on the steam deck in desktop mode) you’re going to install the mods, you can go to this link directly and skip to step 3: https://github.com/ebkr/r2modmanPlus/releases/ – [github.com]
1. Search “r2modmanplus github releases” in the browser. **Make sure to include the plus since the version without the plus is outdated**
2. Click on the result “Releases · ebkr/r2modmanPlus · GitHub”
3. download the Appimage file in the list under the assets menu
4. open the file manager.
5. Go to downloads.
6. move the Appimage to the desktop.
7. Launch the file and the Mod manager launches
Install rounds mods
1. Select rounds in the menu
2. Click on “Select profile”
3. tab on online
4. Install mods
5. click on “play with mods” and have fun 🙂
This is all for ROUNDS How to install mods on Linux (Works on Steam Deck) hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- Check All ROUNDS Posts List