This guide will help you in running Quake (Original) with higher quality sound effects and music.
Downloading the files
By clicking here – [dropbox.com] you will be downloading .pak files for the original game and its mission packs.
These .pak files include game files, but they have been updated with higher quality sound effects that came with the remaster.
This file also includes the music that comes with the remaster.
Installing and using a source port
- To install, drag and drop the contents of the .zip file into your game directory.
- To make things work, you’re gonna need a source port: vkQuake – [github.com]
(you can also use other source ports, but my recommendation is vkQuake)
- Drag and drop the contents of vkQuake zip file into your game directory.
- Delete glquake.exe from the directory and rename vkQuake.exe to glquake.exe
- Go to your Steam libray
- Right click on Quake and go to Properties.
- Under “Launch Options”, type: exec autoexec.cfg
Now everything should work as intended!
Hope you enjoy the post for Quake How Play the Original Quake With High Quality FX & OST, If you think we should update the post or something is wrong please let us know via comment and we will fix it how fast as possible! Thank you and have a great day!
- Check All Quake Posts List