With a whopping 9 classes this super dip heavy build can achieve saving throw and AC values beyond the bounds of what is reasonable. With some of hints and tips included alongside the build that really make it shine you will find yourself never getting hit and succeeding on every saving throw.
The core of the build is posted below in table format for anyone who wants a quick overview before we get into the specifics of why we pick what we pick and why we do it in this order.
RACE AND ATTRIBUTES
|Level||Class||Important Class Feature||Feat Choice|
|1||Oracle 1||Nature – Nature’s Whispers
|2||Scaled Fist 1||Bonus Feat – Dodge|
|3||Witch of the Veil 1||Lizard Familiar
|4||Paladin 1||Smite Evil|
|5||Paladin 2||Divine Grace||Lightning Reflexes|
|6||Scaled Fist 2||Evasion
Bonus Feat – Blind Fight
|7||Instinctual Warrior 1||Focussed Rage||Improved Lightning Reflexes|
|8||Instinctual Warrior 2||Cunning Elusion|
|9||Arcane Enforcer 1||Wooden Flesh Arcanist Exploit||Crane Wing|
|10||Vivisectionist 1||Strength Mutagen|
|11||Vivisectionist 2||Cognatogen – Charisma||Crame Riposte|
|12||Sword Saint 1||Chosen Weapon – Bite||Dazzling Display|
|13||Hellknight 1||Smite Chaos|
|14||Sword Saint 2|
|15||Sword Saint 3||Arcane Accuracy OR Wand wielder||Shatter Defenses|
|16||Sword Saint 4|
|17||Sword Saint 5||Magus Bonus Feat – Power Attack||Dreadful Carnage|
|18||Sword Saint 6||Prescient Attack|
|19||Instinctual Warrior 3||[Free slot]|
|20||Instinctual Warrior 4||Guarded Stance|
- Nature’s Whispers Oracle gives charisma to AC (replaces dexterity)
- Scaled fist gives charisma to AC again meaning you get double charisma to AC and evasion (no damage if you reflex save on fireball and similar spells)
- Witch of the veil gives +5 AC with the iceplant ring in act 1 and lets you become invisible as as swift action at will (enjoy the concealment and flat footed attacks), also gives access to mage armour so you can use archmage armour without potions or scrolls, amazingly powerful dip.
- Paladin gives you charisma to saves and smite evil, [you’re supposed to be allowed to be a non lawful good paladin after you pick a mythic path but currently its bugged and you lose smite evil. You keep every other class feature including lay on hands, hopefully this will be fixed soon. Stick to Angel and Aeon to keep smite evil for now]
- Instinctual Warrior gives wisdom to AC and rage [requires you to become non-lawful at the level up screen]
- Vivisectionist 2 cognatogen gives +4 charisma and +2 AC which is great given how powerful charisma has become with this build
- Wooden Flesh exploit gives you mind affecting immunity and +2 AC while active
- Hell Knight gives you smite chaos which stacks with smite evil on the same target
- Sword saint with chosen weapon bite is active no matter what you equip because of the wolf-scarred curse and gives +6 AC with 22 intelligence (achievable with buffs). Prescient attack lets you target flat footed AC vs annoyingly tanky enemies
In the end you can easily end up with AC values above 100 and will be nearly untouchable. Saving throws will also be extremely high. Double smite (chaos and evil) allows you to destroy nearly any boss by leveraging your charisma into even more AB, AC and saving throw buffs against that target.
With this build you can end up with saves in the 50’s and an AC above 100 with the values getting even higher if you use both kinds of smite on chaotic evil bosses. Defenses get excessively high against the target of the smite but the double charisma to attack bonus allows a quick clean kill.
I’ve refined the leveling up order since making these so if anything they are slightly weaker versions of what you will have following the guide. I picked an early game fight, a mid game fight, and some cheese in act 5 to show its viable throughout the game.
Beating the water elemental on unfair difficulty without taking any damage to demonstrate early game viability:
Hunter Retriever fight (lepers smile) on unfair to demonstrate double protective luck:
Winning by doing absolutely nothing in the enigma on unfair (level 20 Angel) to demonstrate late game power:
Here we come to an end for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Best Tank Build & Race Attributes hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
Recommended for You:
- Check All Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Posts List