A way to prevent Steam from recording hours in Hammer as hours in the game
Setting up HL2 Hammer for NMRiH
- Have a copy of Half-Life 2
- Go to Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\bin and open hammer.exe
- Go to Tools > Options
- Select Game Configurations and click Edit button next to the Configuration list
- Add a new configuration (e.g. “No More Room in Hell”)
- Fill every field in Game Configurations and Build Programs tabs as they’re filled in the original NMRiH Hammer (as they’re filled in the images below)
Adding new Hammer to your Steam library
You might want to create a shortcut for this version of Hammer Editor. Here’s a copypaste of Steam FAQ on this topic:
Adding a shortcut to a non-Steam game
- Launch Steam.
- Click the Games menu, choose Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
- Browse for games on your computer or put a check next to the game(s) you wish to add to the Library.
- Click on Add Selected Programs.
I’m sure it’s not the best way to do this but it works. Suggestions for improvement are welcome
Here we come to an end for No More Room in Hell How to Separate Hammer Editor + Adding Hammer on Steam/Non-Steam Game hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All No More Room in Hell Posts List