Hello Gamerz, I wrote this guide in my free time, I saw the low achievement %
I hope that can help if you have trouble in the dungeon
This guide contains spoilers of enemies and weapons.
Made during version 1.02
Version 1.02: adding critical chance, errors rectification for zombie, dog and ghoul. Demon -> Imp. Floor 1 added, tips for rocket launcher, minor text change.
Version 1.03: points reward added, more text for skeleton section
Tips on weapons
Here is the winning run I did for you, heavily edited, got good heal drop and 0 mimics.
Here is the firsts run I did, you can see how I dealt with bad heal drop and lots of mimics
For convenience I will use P for pistol ammo, SG for shotgun and M for magnum 🙂
This first section resume how you should manage the run.
Pistol (10% crit) and Machine gun deal the same if not really close damage.
1 shotgun (30% crit x 8 pellet) ≈ 7 pistol
1 magnum (100% crit) ≈ 15 pistol ≈ 2 shotgun
1 rocket ≈ 2 shotgun
1 dynamite ≈ a little less then 1 rocket
Rocket and dynamite have really close area of effect.
There is a minimum of 2 secret caches per floor
heal > ammo, use ammo whenever you can ! heal cost 80 points, its 16 zomb !
_Floor 1, Pray the RNG god that you have pistol ammo and heal to not use the knife too much (if you beat knife only challenge, this floor is a piece of 🍰)
_At the floor 1 shop, buy a machete, the crit chance is 85% on charge attack, 25% on “quick”
Don’t buy any ammo and clear floor 2
_At floor 2 shop, buy the magnum and 1 set of ammo for it, save it for the boss.
_Floor 3 mimics start to appear, if you use the pistol be ready to run when they charge.
_For the floor 4 you can stay with the pistol/machete if you need to buy healing, as there is only imps and skeletons that appear and even agains 2 of them you can P shot them without being hit.
_At floor 5 spiders and satyrs spawn, you need more dps, machine gun is perfect for it, I don’t recommand the shotgun as is dps will leave you hurt agains 2 quick enemies.
Pistol is risky against them, you can use it for the spearman.
_At floor 6 armor skeleton appear, in group use the magnum to 1 shot them, in solo pistol can do the trick
_Floor 7 or 8 shop: you got lots of heal and ammo ? buy the rocket launcher so you have some ammo spawning ready for the regeneradores and the final boss
_Floor 8 cultist and knight appear, use pistol again solo cultist by huging a wall , or hide behind a corner to blow them up with SG or machinegun.
For knight use 3 M in head shot of 2 and pistol/machinegun
_Floor 9, regeneradores, aim for legs and kill it with whatever you got, or just use everything on his torso to not miss any shots, he can grab you if he got his arms.
_Floor 10, boss, go to corresponding section.
Infos on Basic Enemies and resistance
_Zombies and dogs
_ Ghouls/vampires (5pts) begin appearing at floor 2
- – Can be killed in 5 quick P, body or head, staggered they can’t fight back if you shot quickly at close range. Be carreful of their ability to dodge if you use a SG, they can more easily than zombies be crit
_Mimics (30pts) start appearing at floor 3
- – Take 3 well aimed SG or 19 P or 1 M and 3/4 P, they have a fast running attack
_Imps and skeletons (5pts) appear at floor 4
- – Imps: Can be killed in 5 P, they have no dodge, have medium crit resist
– 1 handed Skeleton: Can’t be crit, they die in 5 P have saber/axe that swing quickly,
– Shield bearer Skeleton (10pts) that you can partially destroy with 2 P
– 2 handed Skeleton (10pts): carry long swords that you must be really carefull with thanks to their high reach, or hammer that deal more damage ?
_Spiders and satyrs (10pts) appear in floor 5
- – Spiders (10pts): They can’t be crit, die in 10 P or 1 SG and 3 P Have a really quick attack when they lift their front paws you have to run away or kill them. Their venom range attack can deal a big amount of damage
– Spearman satyrs: have a wind up medium damage throw , die in 8 P
– Axe wearer satyrs: high damage and have a charged attack, they can be crit for medium chance 1 good SG head shot or 17/18 P.
_Armoured skeletons may appear instead of regular skeleton starting at floor 6
- 1 handed: 10pts. 2 handed/shield bearer: 15pts
Double the hp, 10 P/ 2 SG or 1 M to deal with the shield bearer
_Cultists and knights appear in floor 8
- – Cultists (10pts): Only the pistol wearers are here, 5 P or 1 good SG, i’m not sure of the crit resist, low ?
– Knights (20pts): 5 M, in the head: 3 M or 2M and 1 SG I don’t know if there is difference between the 2 melee version, range are weaker.
- – 9 SG, about 63 65 P, 4/5 M (i’m not sure)
– Like zombies, without arms they can’t grab you but can use a short range bite.
– I have no idea if dismembering them impact the hp, I think like a torso shot ?
– They can easily be dismembered even with a couple of pistol shot (you have more then 100 at floor 9)
Tips on Bosses
_Bosses appear at level 3 6 and 10
- _The floor 3 and 6 have the same if not really close hp 11 M body shot / 5 M head shot
–I recommand you getting a magnum for the floor 3
– Tactic: DON’T BE EXHAUSTED EVER, aim for the head, or the torso if you use the machine
gun, time your reload by turning your back to the boss when he runs at you, when he stops to
attack you, run for 1 s and reload
– Like for the satyr spearman, you have to look to the side and run to dodge the Butcher knife
throw, for the Demon Lord, you have to sprint back because of his large flame area of cover.
_Last boss: around 25M head shot.
- -I recommand you M for his fast dps (30 bullets), rocket laucher to deal with his spawn minion (5), and heal (8), you should be good with this number. – I won’t spoil what he spawn, but, hum, stock up on ammo :]
I’m curious to know how you did and could help others on comment. 💀
Here we come to an end for Nightmare of Decay Enemies & Weapons Gameplay Guide hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All Nightmare of Decay Posts List