MELE Launcher will not load at all
The new PC Launcher should have been a simple, straightforward tool to launch the 3 games in the trilogy but EA still managed to screw the pooch. There were multiple bugs on launch day that caused the launcher to either not load at all, or load but not launch the individual games. Most of those bugs could be worked around using one of the 10(!) different suggestions found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition/PC-Possible-workarounds-for-Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-launch/m-p/10340978#M1668.
Most of these issues were patched as of the June 7 2021 update, but you may still encounter the same problem of trying to launch the game either from Steam or Origin and nothing happening (i.e. the launcher doesn’t appear at all), especially after a patch or Origin update.
In this case, you need to clear your Origin local cache. This gets suggested a lot by EA support so you might think there would be a button in the Origin settings to do it. That would mean admitting Origin has problems, so it’s not there. Instead, you’ll need to consult https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ or use the quicksteps here (for Windows):
- Quit Origin. Make sure it is closed in Task Manager > Processes. Make sure that Origin.exe and OriginWebHelperService.exe aren’t listed. If they are, use the End task button to kill them.
- Delete everything from the %ProgramData%\Origin folder except for the LocalContent subfolder.
- Delete the entire %AppData%\Origin folder.
- Delete the entire %LocalAppData%\Origin folder.
- RESTART YOUR COMPUTER before trying to load Mass Effect again. If you just do the earlier steps without restarting, it won;t work andf you’ll need to start again from step 1.
Mouse causing stuttering when moving the camera
You might notice that even on a high-end computer, moving the camera using the mouse causes what looks like poor frame rates. In fact, your FPS isn’t taking a hit at all but the mouse input is stuttering. Using a gamepad (even in the same game session) will still be buttery smooth, but if we wanted to play on a gamepad we’d buy a PS5.
The problem (unsurprisingly) is Origin. Specifically, the Origin in-game overlay.
If you bought MELE directly on Origin
Turn off the in-game overlay via the Application Settings > Origin In-Game tab, or disable it just for MELE as follows:
- Right-click Mass Effect Legendary Edition in My Game Library and select Game Properties
- Uncheck the Enable Origin In Game checkbox.
If you bought MELE on Steam
Surprise! Origin games that were purchased on Steam complete ignore the above settings. There is no supported way to disable the overlay and EA Support have maintained for years that this is a Steam problem so refuse to address it. But the unsupported way is simple once you know the trick, thanks to https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/h7qoni/origin_overlay_is_permanently_enabled_for_games/fvsqqi7/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3:
- Go to the %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Origin folder (normally C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin)
- Delete the igo64.dll file (and only that one. Leave igo32.dll alone or Origin will not run)
You’ll need to repeat this every time Origin receives an update.
Stuck on the Loading screen travelling between systems
If you get stuck on an infinite Loading screen then you have some corrupt or missing files. I hit this just a couple days after a fresh install of Mass Effect 1.
To repair in Origin
- Right-click Mass Effect Legendary Edition in My Game Library
- Click Repair
To repair in Steam
- Right-click Mass Effect Legendary Edition in Library and click Properties
- Click LOCAL FILES
- Click the Verify integrity of game files… button
This is all for Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition Guide for Troubleshoot for Mele Issues hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- Check All Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition Posts List