This achievement guide for Life is Strange: True Colors is spoiler-free and each collectible has a picture and explanation to show exactly where they are.
Welcome & Roadmap
Welcome to my guide for Life is Strange: True Colors by NutellaOrgies – [steamcommunity.com] .
I will try my best to keep this guide spoiler-free, and I ask everyone in the comments to keep it that way also. Life is Strange is all about the story and we don’t want to ruin the experience for the next person. Some achievements or scene names may have a spoiler in the name, so I tagged them as spoiler so it is blacked out.
If you used this guide, I would appreciate if you gave it a thumbs up, rating, or favorite.
There are a total of 40 achievements. It is a mix of story-related, collectibles, and side-missions. If you are using my guide, you can just scroll down as you gain each achievement as I will go in order of when you should unlock them.
You only need 1 play-through but if you did happen to miss an achievement, the chapter select in this game is very forgiving. There is a replay option that doesn’t go over your current save and made just for achievement hunting.
Difficulty : 1/10
Playthroughs : 1
Hours to 100% : 10 hours
If you do not have the game, it can be downloaded here.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/936790/Life_is_Strange_True_Colors/ – [steampowered.com]
Using your Powers
You need to use your power on the items for the achievements to unlock.
- For Mouse and Keyboard; Hold the Right Mouse Button to use your power, then press the Left Mouse Button.
- For Controller; Hold the Left Trigger to use your power then press ‘A’ (Xbox) or ‘X’ (Playstation)
Chapter 1: A-Side
Scene: “I’m Okay” – 2 Memories
- A Letter to Riley. You will find this as soon as you enter your new apartment with Gabe. You can grab this before you start unpacking. Look to the desk across from the bed and there is a letter on there.
- Crack. Right after the letter to Riley, turn around and go towards the exit. Across from the arcade cabinet there is a crack in the wall near the floor.
Scene: “First Day on the Job” – 1 Memory
- Officer Fish. This memory is right when you head downstairs from the apartment and into the bar. (The next scene). Go behind the bar, there is a business card.
Scene: “Searching for Ethan” – 2 Memories
- Head Count. On the mine chapter. Before heading into the mine, look to the left of Gabe and Ryan. There is a helmet on the ground by some mine carts.
- Phone. Once you're inside the building, turn around and face the door. To the left of the door is the phone.
- Emotional Enthusiast This achievement is unlocked when you find all Chapter 1 memories.
Chapter 1 – Unmissable Story Achievement
- I Thought I Could Hunt The Monster This will unlock with the end of Chapter 1, Side A.
Chapter 2: Lanterns
Scene: “Tracking Down Mac” – 5 Memories, 2 Missions
- Time For Something New After the foosball game, head upstairs to the roof. You will find the button in-between some plants. Since it's pretty small, if you can't find it use your power and it will glow blue.
- Umbrella Head all the way downstairs into the bar after getting the button. By the red exit door an the bathrooms in the back of the bar is an Umbrella.
- No Handouts In the same room, behind the bar farthest from the main entrance there is a rent check.
- Bird Spotting (Mission) When you leave the bar, go across the street to the park. You will see a lady named 'Birdwatcher'. Use your power to see what she needs. Once you do that, (if you're facing the lady and she's facing you) make a left to the wooden building. There is a tree behind this building. Go up and just look at the bird and Alex will say "maybe i should let my bird friend know". Go back to the birdwatcher and let her know the bird is there.
- Found Dog (Mission) Go into the record store. You will see a guy in a white hoodie. Use your power to see what he needs. After this, go up to the bulletin board across from the cash register and look at it. Once you do this, go back to the hoodie guy and speak to him.
- Pro Tip Go into the dispensary. In the back, behind the counter there are gummies on the shelf.
- Team Chomp-bot In the flower shop. There is a blue bookshelf with an open door. The shirt is in the open cupboard.
- Amateur Archaeophile This is unlocked when you find all the memory collectibles in Chapter 2.
Chapter 2 – Unmissable Story Achievement
- Something You Build This is unlocked when you complete Chapter 2.
Chapter 3: Monster or Mortal
Scene: It’s a Simple Plan – 1 Memory, 1 Mission
- Hell Divers Right when you start Chapter 3, in the bar; Go right back to where you found the umbrella from Chapter 2 by the bathrooms and red exit door. There is a bomber jacket hanging up.
- Earworm Squasher (Mission) In the same area, across from the bar, you will see a Girl Student sitting at a table. Read her mind to find out she wants to hear a specific song that isn't being played anymore. After you do this, go to Jed who is sitting at a table by the entrance and ask him. Then go to Steph & Ryan who are sitting at the bar and ask them. Steph will mention the name of the song. Go back to Jed and he will tell you it's behind the bar. Go grab the record and put it in the jukebox, then find the song and play it. It's called Alabaster Daydreams by Think of the Children with an splatted ink cover.
Scene: Thaynor, Monster Slayer – 4 Memories
- Ethan's Dollar After your fight with the wolf in the LARP event, look on the ground near the bench and there is a dollar on the floor. (Most likely right behind you).
- And How Does That Make You Feel? While still in the LARP event, head to the bar. Right by the entrance on the floor is an Appointment Slip.
- Upright and Above Ground Enter the bar and head to the game room in the back where the darts and pool table are. There is an old paper on a table.
- Valkyrie's Dish While still in LARP mode, enter the record store. Near the counter of the emporium and the guitar is Valkyrie's Dish.
- Memory Collector This will unlock once you grab the last memory in Chapter 3.
Chapter 3 – Unmissable Story Achievement
- Burying Something This will unlock at the end of Chapter 3 and is story-related.
Chapter 4: Flicker
Scene: Party Time – 1 Memory
- Pressed Rose As soon as you start Chapter 4, turn left. There is a pressed rose on the wall.
Scene: The Spring Festival – 4 Memories, 1 Mission
- Exactly 731 (Mission) As soon as you get to the Spring Festival, look to the left and you will see the guy in the white sweater counting jelly beans and speak to him. You need to help him find out how many jelly beans are in the jar. So follow this list:
- Choose 800
- Read the Jelly Bean Lady's mind
- Speak to white hoodie guy again
- Choose 700 this time.
- Read Jelly Bean Lady's mind again
- Speak to white hoodie guy once more
- Choose 731
- Achievement Unlocked.
- Count Me In Head to the stage to the drum kit.
- In Front of God and Everybody Head behind the stage and go up to the microphone that's sitting on the floor behind the curtain.
- Birthday Boy Head to the bar and go to Deck Nine's favorite spot of the bar again for the third time (the coat hanger near the bathrooms and red exit door). On the woman's bathrooms side of the wall is a Polaroid picture. This can be done right at the start of the scene or later when you have to go through the bar.
- Proud Parent Now head to the flower shop (assuming you went to the bar at the start of the scene), but don't go inside. Instead go around the back of the flower shop. The sticker is on the window.
- Emotional Archeologist This is unlocked once you find all the memories in Chapter 4
Chapter 4 – Unmissable Story Achievement
- The Kind of Thing you Can't Undo This will unlock at the end of Chapter 4.
Chapter 5: B-Side
This section of the guide will be hard to keep spoilers away, so instead of having the scene titles blacked out by a spoiler tag, I just labeled each scene as numbers. Trust me when I say, you will know when you’re in a new scene. I also tried my best in each description on how to get the achievements spoiler-free.
Scene #1 has no memories or missions.
Scene: Scene #2 – 1 Memory
- Scary News After you escape the first room in this chapter and trigger a cutscene, look to the right. There are a set of keys attached to a purse. You can't miss this unless you aren't paying attention, once you walk in here the camera basically points to it.
Scene: Scene #3 – 1 Memory
- Some Kind of Fight In the house, head to the kitchen and turn right. There is a business card on some boxes under the clock.
Scene: Scene #4 – 1 Memory
- Guitar Strings In the next scene after the house, go to the middle bunk bed with the guitar case and use your power on the strings.
Scene: Scene #5 – 1 Memory
- Where the Devil Sleeps This is a story-related achievement and will unlock as you progress through the next scene.
Scene: Scene #6 – 1 Memory
- You're a Helldiver Now In the apartment, go to the kitchen. The jacket is laying on a chair.
- Emotional Unearthing This will unlock when you find all memories in Chapter 5.
- Haven Historian This will unlock when you find all memories throughout the whole game.
Chapter 5 – Unmissable Story Achievement
- The Only Promise is Adventure This achievement will unlock once you finish Life is Strange: True Colors.
I just want to thank you for using this guide for your 100% completion and hope that your run stayed spoiler-free!.
Again, i’m just going to ask if you used this guide, I would appreciate if you gave it a thumbs up, rating, or favorite.
Do you love going for achievements but hate when you buy a game and don’t know whether or not you NEED to buy the DLC also? I recently started a curator page to help you out, it’s still new so not a lot of games are on there at the moment, but it lists what DLC you need to buy for the full 100% and starts each curation with the amount of achievements just in case they recently added more achievements so you can see if the curation is out of date and needs updating.
I’d appreciate a follow to help get that curator page going.
Achievement Info Curator Group – [steampowered.com]
I can’t do any translations as I only know English and my Italian is cosi cosi. So if you want to help others who don’t know English well, you are free to copy my guide word for word, picture for picture. I only ask for credit somewhere in the guide. You do not need to message me. So you can go ahead and publish a different language version with the details and screenshots used in this guide.
Just please don’t use google translate on the entire guide so you can get and easy +1 guide or points.
This is all for Life is Strange: True Colors All Collectible Items + Achievements + Secrets hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- Check All Life is Strange: True Colors Posts List