How to Fix Failed To Synchronize Achievements Error in Rainbow Six Siege
So, you boot up Rainbow Six Siege on your PC, hyped for some action, and bam! You’re hit with that pesky “Failed to synchronize achievements” alert.
And to add salt to the wound, hitting “Try again” is like talking to a brick wall, while “Skip” just introduces you to another error, “Uplay is currently unavailable” coupled with some cryptic error code like 0-0x00000209.
First off, let’s make sure all your game files are in tip-top shape. If you’re using the Uplay version, here’s a quick rundown on how to do that:
- Go to Uplay client.
- Head over to “Games“.
- Pick out Rainbow Six Siege (you know, the one giving you grief with the “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” message).
- Under the game’s Settings, tap on “Properties“.
- Click on “Verify files“. Let it do its thing and see if there are any files playing hide and seek.
- If Uplay finds any sneaky, corrupted, or AWOL files,.
- After all that, give Uplay a quick restart, jump into the game, and fingers crossed – no more annoying alerts.
Clean Out Old Game Data
If you’re like me and have a bunch of games on Uplay, chances are, there’s a bunch of leftover game data taking up space. Best to give your system a little spring cleaning. Here’s how:
- First things first, close the Uplay client if it’s running.
- Pop open the File Explorer on your PC.
- Use this path to find the Spool file (sounds techy, but bear with me): %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Spool
- You might want to back up the Spool file – just in case you want it later.
- Get rid of all the Spool files in there.
- Start up Uplay again, dive into Rainbow Six Siege, and hopefully, the sync issue is a thing of the past.
And there you have it! With a bit of luck and a few clicks, you should be back to fragging foes without that “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” message cramping your style. Happy gaming!
- Check All Rainbow Six Siege Posts List