How to Change FPS Cap Limit in Cities: Skylines 2
Ever felt like your city-building adventure in Cities: Skylines 2 could be a bit more, well… fluid? Many of us get stuck with a frustrating 30 or 60 FPS limit. Your powerful PC is capable of much more, and there’s a nifty trick to crank up those numbers for a smoother ride through your urban masterpiece. Ready to unlock the full gaming potential hidden beneath those settings?
Why You Should Adjust FPS Cap Limit in Cities: Skylines 2
Imagine gliding through your city with everything moving ultra-smoothly. That’s what adjusting your FPS (frames per second) cap can do. And the best part? The solution is just a few clicks away in your game’s settings.
How Can You Set Your Game Free from the FPS Cap?
No need to be a tech wizard for this! Just follow these simple steps, and you’ll be on your way to a hiccup-free gaming session:
- Start by jumping into the game’s main menu. That’s your command center!
- From there, find your way to the ‘settings’ menu. It’s usually a gear icon (they love making it a treasure hunt).
- Spot the V-Sync option? If it’s enabled, turn it off. It often acts like a speed limiter!
- Next up, hunt down the ‘screen resolution’ option.
- Here’s the fun part: match the game with your monitor’s resolution and its maximum refresh rate. For the wizards, that’s the ‘Hz’ number.
For example, if you’re rocking a 1080p 144Hz monitor, you’ll want to select 1920×1080 at 144Hz. It’s like telling your game, “Hey, I’ve got the turbo track right here!” Doing this lifts your FPS cap to a sweet 144, making everything super smooth and immersive. Trust me, your cities (and your eyes) will thank you!
- Check All Cities Skylines 2 Posts List