A short in depth guide on how to properly build trenches.
The goal of this guide is to help new players properly build trenches.
– Equip a shovel
– Press “B”
– Hover over the “Trench” button
– Left Click to place down the trench blueprint.
– Dig until the trench is finished.
Setup your trench to face the opposing faction. Do not build your trenches vertically to the enemy when defending a trench line.
The red arrow indicates where the enemy is approaching from. In a perfect world you’ll want your trenches facing a no man’s land so the opposing faction has no cover.
The Orange Dots indicate the defenders. You’ll want to shoot from these positions. If grenades become a problem, fall back to the secondary defensive line if the grenades can’t be avoided.
Once You’ve built your trench you can upgrade it.
– Equip a hammer
– Press “F”
– Press “E” on the selected trench.
– Hover over “Barb wire upgrade” and place the barb wire facing the enemy.
– Hover over “Sandbag upgrade” and place the sandbags at your rear.
– Hover over “Tier Two Trench” and upgrade the trench to tier two.
The image below is what your upgraded trench should look like.
Make sure if possible to face AI towards your trenches. The AI will shoot any approaching invaders.
Refer to the image below of machine gun pillboxes protecting the trenches from invaders.
If someone tells you what your digging isn’t helping they MAY be right. Ask them what’s wrong with what you’re doing.
For example if the invaders are pushing to such an extent that you won’t finish your trench line in time perhaps you should fall back a bit.
It’s better to build something great than build somethinghalf built to be used against you later.
Why Build Trenches?
Advantages to properly built trenches
– Tier II trenches can soak up tons of damage before actually going down.
– Repairs easily and safely.
– Creates man made chokepoints.
– Gives you a line of full cover.
–Easy to ambush unsuspecting invaders (Crouch -> Stand up inside the trench).
– Protects you from artillery completely (unless the artillery lands inside the trench).
–If the front is prone to being shelled to hell, trenches can be used as a safe pathway to the frontline.
– Relatively cheap to produce for the amazing defensive capabilities.
–Grenades can be devastating. Grenades will wipe out everyone inside if they can’t avoid the grenade blast.
–Trenches can be captured by the opposing faction. Don’t let them remove your trench upgrades!
If you liked this short informative guide leave a like or comment if you’d like to see more of these.
This is all for Foxhole How to Build Trenches Tutorial Guide hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- Check All Foxhole Posts List