Tired of that annoying popup that displays in the main menu and on the pause menu, taking up 30 seconds just to tell you it fails? Try this EZ fix! Credit goes to PCGamingWiki – [pcgamingwiki.com] for the Main Menu and Misc fixes and u/teleguy_8187 on Reddit for the .dll’s
Main Menu fix
This easy fix will get rid of the long loading when you first start the game, and allow you to boot right into the main menu.
All you have to do is right click Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon in your Library, select properties in the menu that comes up, and under “Launch Options”, add the line “-offline” (No quotes)
Easy as that!
Pause Menu Fix
The first fix will stop the main menu from loading the error, but not this one. To fix this, you’ll need to replace the .dll’s (or edit them yourself).
Thanks to u/teleguy_8187 on the Far Cry subreddit, they’ve already made pre-patched .dll’s available to download and replace!
Download and replace
- First, download the .dll’s from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/npgz58/comment/h57t14f/ – [reddit.com] Download link is in the comment by u/teleguy_8187
- Once downloaded. Open file explorer and go to Steam/Steamapps/common/Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon/bin and extract the two .dll’s there and overwrite the original .dll files.
And that’s it. The game should never try to reach the servers again and you can pause and unpause as freely as you wish!
Doing it the hard way
If for some reason you want to edit the .dll’s yourself, here’s a copy/paste of the steps provided by PCGamingWiki
- Go to Steam/steamapps/common/far cry 3 blood dragon\bin.
- Open FC3.dll and FC3_d3d11.dll with a hex editor such as HxD.
- Search for FF 89 43 0C 85 C0 74 30 83 EC in both files and change their corresponding 74 hex values to EB.
- Search for 8B 53 0C 85 D2 74 30 33 C9 in both files and change their corresponding 74 hex values to EB.
- Save your changes.
Microstuttering or just wanting to set an FPS cap in general
Right click the game in your library > click properties. In the launch options, add the line “-RenderProfile_MaxFPS X” (Replace the X with the number of your desired FPS)
Skipping Intro Screens
Boot right into the game! Add the line “-skipintro” to your launch option
If you did all these steps, your launch options probably look something like this by now:
And that’s it! You should now be able to enjoy the games without any further annoyances. Enjoy.
This is all for Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon How to Fix (Blood Dragon Service Not Available) hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- Check All Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon Posts List