Online cloud save backup with Google Drive (with versioning)
Why should I use Google Drive, when Steam Cloud exist?
- The main reason, you will have a secondary backup in case Steam fails to backup your save.
- Also the biggest benefit is “versioning”. Versioning allows you to have many older versions of your save, with the ability to “Keep Forever”.
- There are many “point of no return” so in case you make a mistake, you will be able to return to a previous save.
- Also if you’re the type of person to keep a staple save, like a starter save or NG+ save, you can set it to “Keep Forever” and be able to continuously restore that save.
- Lastly, if you want to try to do all endings in one run, versioning will be very useful having a checkpoint save.
Download & Install Google Drive
- If you do not already have a Google Account, create one for free.
https://accounts.google.com/ – [google.com]
- If you do not already have Google Drive installed on your PC, download it here
https://www.google.com/drive/download/ – [google.com]
- After you have it downloaded and installed, start the application and sign into you account.
Setup Google Drive
- Click the Google Drive Icon in your system tray.
- Click the Settings icon on the top right and go to Preferences.
- Click Add Folder
- Copy & Paste this into the Folder Field
and click “Select Folder”
- Pick “Sync with Google Drive”
- Then click “Done”
- Click “Save”
Download your save from Google Drive
- Google Drive will now periodically upload your save file to your drive.
- To verify, go to your drive
https://drive.google.com/ – [google.com]
- Your synced folders will be under the Computers tab on the left
- If you ever need to get your latest backup, just download the ER0000.sl2 file
and replace the file on your computer located in
“user-id” is your steamID64 number
- If you ever want a previous version of your save,
right click the ER0000.sl2 file and click “Manage Versions”
- click the … by the file you want to save and click “Download”
If there is any specific save you want to keep forever as an archive, click “Keep Forever”.
Keep Forever is good for saves you want to re-use later.
NOTE: Older versions will be deleted after 30 days or after 1000 revisions. To prevent this make sure you click “Keep Forever” on the saves you want to preserve.
This is all for ELDEN RING How to Create Automatic Save Backup Using Google Drive hope you enjoy the post. If you believe we forget or we should update the post please let us know via comment, we will try our best to fix how fast is possible! Have a great day!
- Check All ELDEN RING Posts List