Another Conceptual Mall. Not useful I believe, but will answer to “when I was beginner” FAQ : If I kept expanding this straight-line tiny-mall, how might it looked like ?
Too Long; Don’t Read … FEEL !
Written at version EA 0.8.20.8092.
If someone feels offended in anyway by this guide, it’s not intended, I apologize in beforehand.
This guide includes some secrets of game, turn back now if you don’t want to know.
* icons of everything you can produce, how to produce, and so on.
Conclusion: Don’t think, FEEL (the power of Belts !)
One Line Mall system for someone who may :
- be interested in “Can a create-(almost)-everything mall in DSP be built in (one) line ?”
- If so, how thin could that “possibly” be ? and the length ? height ?
- need 3D Belt Art that is functioning and “really needed”.
- want to feel the power of Memo Icon function.
If your not interested in above, you should turn back and use other person’s smarter mall system.
This Mall will probably not make your play more efficient. Few items (mainly Assembler MK1 / Wireless Towers) even takes time to fill up !
* Check design section for details on fill up problem.
One picture to show what is done in short
Full view of mall (using planet view since too long) :
With Size indicators:
One Line Mall Spec
Specs in short. Skip to picture section unless you want to build and see it in your game.
This system may not work in future versions of DSP since it is too edged. It needs “re-puzzle the whole system” on almost any kind of recipe changes !
Also, I believe someone will make more shorter / good version of this in the future !
|Size||width : 53 blocks (265) height : 3 blocks (15) floors : 7|
|Link to dysonsphereblueprint.com – [dysonsphereblueprint.com]||https://www.dysonsphereblueprints.com/blueprints/one-line-mall – [dysonsphereblueprints.com]|
- ALL Assemblers in 1 line.
- Can be built on tropic line (see picture, I think it’s called tropic, sorry if I’m wrong)
- Fits inside 3 blocks (size 15)
- One side box for everything – line the results to your favorite system (PLS / ILS / Boxes) !
- Nothing placed between / side of all assemblers (should be placeable to almost anywhere).
- Made with MK1 Belts / Sorters / Assemblers only – to see belts working more longer !
- No sorter jumping lines. Fully belted.
- No multi-way output of anything made (no 2 output sorters)
- No trick way of using anything, only using basic belting (see design section of this guide)
- Aligned … of course. Assembler + Box is the max width anyway !
- No vertical boxes / collision belts on top .. stack as you like !
- No belts on top of all assemblers … you can still access all assemblers directly
- Takes time to fill up Assembler MK1 / Wireless Towers since they travel long
- Very hard to upgrade sorters, and it’s all MK1 ! (It’s hard to point them)
- Using 1/3/5/7 floors mainly, but also uses 2/4/6 in places, so you may not be able to by-pass the belts in some places (even at floor 5, which usually makes you “jump over” the assemblers).
- Uses around 5000 belts to build (which may be a good point for some people !).
Note: Not tested much, except at the place of pictures (I built / tested this there), should work on equator lines and so on, but not tested.
Words, are sometimes not enough to explain something. Just see the next sections pictures !
Pictures , Pictures !
Top View with Size Indicators
Some shots for how it looks
Build test only
Seems it was buildable at polar line, but haven’t made it work, so this might not work (though I didn’t get any error on build).
Top side of this picture is miners for titanium with smelters, inside is RayRecv and solar panels on pole. Orange looking things just outside the solar panels is the Mall’s belts.
One Line Mall Design and other small things
No more pictures of Mall itself. Go back and build using the blueprint to get more smell of Belts.
READ NO FURTHER, after this will be only an explanation of the mall design, just for someone who “want’s to try belting by themselves” to have “belt-puzzle-fun”.
It’s kind of a memo, but here are the designs.
Full view (should be too small, don’t try to read it, just get the full image of following pictures)
Click to enlarge (by steam’s function)
Divided, but readable (at least in size)
Boxes and Sorters aren’t written, since Boxes are ALWAYS placed beneath the Assemblers, and Sorters are only used to pull things to the Assembler from the line directly.
Indicators on some places (like 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3) shows the floor.
Remember that this mall don’t use Y axis much … mainly X and Z, so I used that parts to show Z axis, with 5 slots (as Y axis) for each floor. Many lines that just goes straight are omitted ( I didn’t color it down ), so be careful when reading. It was that way, since I didn’t want to re-color up places when I wanted to change what the belt brings … from the beginning ! (There are many places that is using this “That item needs to be there to have things easily. First example for these will be motors and gears).
As you can see from the design, this mall needs many Assembler MK1 and Wireless to fill up, since it travels pretty far … from almost the beginning to the end ! Well, the size (wirdh) is 265, so it won’t exceed 300 I think (I didn’t count, someone will, I believe !).
Small things you may want to know
Can this be build at polar line?
Yes, it was build-able (check pictures). But I didn’t test it (didn’t check if the mall really works). It didn’t show any errors, so I think it should work, but still, not-tested is not-tested. Please make a try.
Can this be divided to lower blueprint limits?
Maybe for 3000, but at least it’s impossible for 60/150, since even the first assembler needs over 60 (21 inputs * 3 belts (size of Assembler) + Assembler and Sorters). It’s like 5364 facilities, but 5032 is belts (Only 94%) !
Is this really a Mall ?
Good question. It doesn’t gather things, and you have to walk 53 blocks from end-to-end, which isn’t like a Mall. But since it’s all boxed in one side in a line, you can simply line the ones you want to PLS / ILS or even to a crowd of Storage Boxes at your like (I think) easily.
What is all the Memo Icon for ?
I used them when building the whole stuff. I needed that very badly … it’s too hard to build this without that function ! … which I think is the reason why no one has ever uploaded a blueprint like this. Yes, I think the devs were right !
Why 3 blocks ?
Thin as possible. Can’t go under 15 (it’s really 13 though, 5 lines + Assembler(3) + 2 lines + Storage Box(3)), since Energy Exchanger takes 7 and I need space to let the belts go around that. I might be able to make it more thin as I see the result, but probably it won’t go to 10 (2 block) anyway, since Assembler + Storage Box is 6 and having 3+2 line for assembler will make 11. I also wanted some buffer for line swap, so to make things easier and simple (for me), I chose 3 blocks.
Why did you make this ?
- For Fun !
- To show the love and passion against belts
- Sounded like a good puzzle.
- Wanted to use the thin space (tropic line) more (and re-use equator-mall-place)
- Wanted to try a huge building to FEEL the power of Memo Icon (and Belts ofcourse !)
As for last
Thanks to all who created guides / wikis / blueprints. I referred so many of them to play and to come up with this blueprint (with love of belts !).
And thanks for reading this far and/or try to FEEL the power of belts !
2021/08/23 – First Post.
2021/08/23 – Added link to dysonsphereblueprints.com – [dysonsphereblueprints.com]
Here we come to an end for Dyson Sphere Program One Line Mall System Guide hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All Dyson Sphere Program Posts List