Dreamscaper has quite a bit of depth and this guide should hopefully give all the information you need to understand the game, learn the dynamics and get “better”.This guide is designed for both new and more experienced players. Before you indulge yourself in this guide you should do a few game runs to get familiar with the game.
Image courtesy of Afterburner Studios and their (many) publishers.
When you start a new run you probably have noticed that you always have the same lucid attack (Astral Blow) and the same roll (Basic Roll) and always have a random ranged and melee weapon. Luckily their is a easy way to change this to make sure you get the best possible items for your gameplay style.
Choosing your starting inventory
First open the journal then go to the equipment tab then select one of the item slots.
- Lucid Attack
After selecting the chosen item slot you can craft any of your unlocked items in 5 different tiers.
Note: Crafting the “poor” tier does not consume any of your bliss, solace etc. The default tier for items when you first start are “poor” this means you can choose your starting inventory for free.
If you want to have a “god run” you can craft higher tier items. This allows you to have all your favourite items at a high tier. This is expensive but can help you a lot especially if you’re stuck on a stage. I wouldn’t bother crafting “Common” and “Uncommon” tiers as these can become weak at stage 3-4.
Ideal Starting Inventory (No Cost)
This is my preferred starting inventory you can experiment if you want.
- Melee – Megaton StingersIt doesn’t really matter what melee you use if its a “poor” I choose Megaton Stingers as they have a increased range which is useful as damage doesn’t matter much at the start.
- Ranged – Wand of Blasting (just good) / Fireworks (Fire build/Tamals Influence) / Snowball (dmg + ice)
- Shield – !Crystal Barrier!This is easy. The crystal barrier blocks one hit then is destroyed (30 sec regen time) This is the best to use when crafting “poor” items as its effect doesn’t change depending on its rarity.
- Roll – Flaming dodge (Covers wide distance + Leaves a fire trail + good with Tamals influence) or Astral Hop (-Not much distance – Slow movement and reactivation time but Lots of damage)
- Lucid – Random (Unless you have a favourite lucid attack it doesn’t really matter which one you use some are better than other but in early game it does really matter) My favourite is Lightning dash as it gives allows you to move across the map fast 🙂
Hope you enjoy the post for Dreamscaper WIP Guide + Gameplay Tips for New Players, If you think we should update the post or something is wrong please let us know via comment and we will fix it how fast as possible! Thank you and have a great day!
- Check All Dreamscaper Posts List