If you have an NVIDIA GPU with the drivers up to date (as of June 2021) you’ve probably encountered errors and stuttering that made the game unplayable. There are many possible fixes on the internet, but not all of them work for everyone. That’s why I decided to share what worked for me.
- Downgrade the NVIDIA drivers:
- Go to www.nvidia.com – https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/162105 and download the 451.67 driver version
- Double-click the .exe you downloaded and the following dialogbox should appear:
- Click OK (the directory is meaningless) and go through the driver installation process.
- It’s recommended to reboot the PC.
- Alternative: the 446.14 driver version has also been useful for a lot of people, but the 451.67 was more stable for me. Anyway, you can download the 446.14 version www.nvidia.com – https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/159887/
- Go to your Steam directory, then to steamapps\common\Detroit Become Human and delete the contents of the folder called ShaderCache.
- Back in the Detroit Become Human folder:
- right-click on DetroitBecomeHuman.exe
- click on Properties
- on the Compatibility tab select “Run This Program As An Administrator”
- click on Apply
- Disable the Steam overlay:
- In Steam, go to Settings/Preferences
- In the In-Game tab, uncheck the “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game” box
- Run the game
- the first time you launch it, you will have to go through the caching process again
- disable the subtitles [Thanks to user Pedja from Youtube]
And that should do the trick.
Without disabling the subtitles, I was able to play for about an hour and fifteen minutes without it crashing. After disabling them, I could play for 2+ hours without any problem. Perhaps not all of these steps are mandatory, but it is what worked for me.
I hope someone finds this information useful. Although it’s an inconvenience to go through this to make the game run, it’s worth it.
Finally, in case somebody finds it relevant, below are my current specs:
- Intel Core i5 7400
- NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
- 16 GB RAM
- Game is installed on a HDD.
Hope you enjoy the post for Detroit: Become Human Stuttering and Crashing Issues on NVIDIA Guide, If you think we should update the post or something is wrong please let us know via comment and we will fix it how fast as possible! Thank you and have a great day!
- Check All Detroit: Become Human Posts List