Want to play this on Windows 7? Here you go.
Instructions on how to play the game on Windows 7
Prerequisites: Windows 7 64-bit with up to date Windows Update, GPU and other drivers.
1) Navigate to your System32 folder (e.g. C:\Windows\System32)
2) Locate the “xinput1_3.dll” file
3) You MUST copy the file to another directory, DO NOT attempt to rename the file within the System32 directory. Copy “xinput1_3.dll” from your System32 directory and paste it into a different directory (e.g. Desktop)
4) Rename the newly copied “xinput1_3.dll” to “xinput1_4.dll”
5) Cut or copy the now renamed “xinput1_4.dll” into your System32 directory
6) Play the game, enjoy!
Some troubleshooting notes: if unsuccessful you may need to restart your PC after making and copying the new .dll file. Also be sure that your Windows 7 is as up-to-date as it can be, particularly the .NET framework. Also note that this workaround will enable many other “Windows 10 only” games to run on Windows 7, check my other guide for an additional workaround involving ReShade.
Here we come to an end for Aliens: Fireteam Elite How to Play on Windows 7 Guide hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All Aliens: Fireteam Elite Posts List