This is a translation guide and gameplay basics guide for English-speaking players who want to play Scroll of Taiwu.
0 – Introduction and Translation instructions
First, if you’re wondering how to translate the games, here’s how:
We can currently play Taiwu through Unity Autotranslator, which machine-translates English into English. The official translation is expected to be out in a few more months. Based on this, our translation team clarified the UI and is currently translating more gameplay components.
To use it, you just need to download the file
https://github.com/bbepis/XUnity.AutoTranslator/releases/download/v5.1.0/XUnity.AutoTranslator-ReiPatcher-5.1.0.zip – [github.com]
Then extract it into “The Scroll Of Taiwu” folder (to find it simply press the right click on Taiwu in your steam library, select Manage and Browse Local Files) and run “SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator.exe”. After that, you can run “The Scroll of Taiwu (Update and Run)”.
After you have completed this, launch the game using steam. Close it. Next, go back to “The Scroll Of Taiwu”, then into “AutoTranslator”, then replace your “Config.ini” with the one i have.
It should now automatically translate your game as you play it when you launch it. It is very poor quality (. However, it is a machine translation). But if you use manual files, it should be fine if your game is really important to you.
Next, open the following folder.
The Scroll Of Taiwu\AutoTranslator\Translation\en\Text
Paste or replace the “Translation.txt” text file with the latest Translation.txt. You can find it on our English-speaking Scroll for Taiwu Community Discord in the #enmod-sharing channel:
Below, you will find some gameplay basics and answers to frequently asked questions (, collected from our discord server.
I) Game presentation and core concepts
Scroll of Taiwu is a chinese wuxia (martial arts story with low fantasy elements) rpg and sandbox/base-building game.
These are the main characteristics of the car:
– Complex and complex mechanics that allow for endless customization and character progression
– Large world, with many NPCs. They have many relationships and pursue actions together. It is a very “living environment” where many things can happen without any player input.
– Taiwu Heir: After your character dies you pass all your knowledge and skills to your next “heir”. (Any member of your party. Or to someone random if the party is empty.
– Family and base building. Build a larger and more powerful family over time to ensure the strongest possible heirs. Also, growing your community.
– A very interesting and dynamic combat system (with the option to pause to make tactical decisions)
– Invasion mechanics. Every few years, you will be attacked by a dangerous demon enemy. So don’t get lazy and become stronger!
II) Gameplay elements
This guide assumes you have installed the translation as per section 0 – with a correct Translation.txt file. You don’t want to be confused about anything if you haven’t done so.
Once this is done, many elements in the base UI will be clear, such stats and descriptions.
Ranks Taiwu ranks most (enemies, skills and items in 9 ranks, from Tier 9 to Tier 1, with their appropriate color code: grey, white green, blue, yellow, orange, or red.
External and Internal . External damage is orange, internal damage is violet. Stance is the energy source to cast external skills and inhale is for casting internal skills (. These two circles are around your character during combat). Ext and int “Recovery” measures how quickly you can recover from both external and internal wounds (.). Internal Ratio refers to the conversion meter for internal skill use. It converts more external to inner skills when it is higher than 100%. When it is lower than 100%, it does the opposite.
– Temporary or permanent wounds : One can be injured in combat by temporary wounds of 1 to 3 stars or a permanent (wound that does not heal). Permanent wounds are more likely to leave “real permanent” wounds after combat. This interface is located in the upper left corner of the main UI screen, (next Stats).
Accuracies and Defenses Taiwu has 3+1 accuracies, and 3+1 defenses. The three most important skills are Might, Finesse and Speedness. They are countered respectively with Evasion, Parade and Diversion. Sound attacks also use Focus (and Breath, bypassing some game mechanics). When your character hits the target, it receives an amount of damage that is random to the weapon style (. Also, check vs. relevant defense. The greater the accuracy above defense, the greater the damage. It’s not just a matter hitting. Increasing accuracy/defenses can also mean more damage done or less damae.
Weapon styles – Each weapon has 6 different weapon styles. They alternate clockwise when fighting. If a hit occurs, one “style” is added (to the character’s skill bar). Not only does it cost energy (to stance or inhale, but it also consumes the styles required (.) has more styles.
– Weapon and skill range : Each weapon comes with a fighting range. You can run out of the enemy’s range to avoid hitting at the last moment. Skills have a range that is relative to the weapon. This is expressed as “-x +x”. A “-0.5+1.5” skill would be used with a 3.0-5.0 knife to give a range of 2.5-6.5. It is very difficult to run out a skill’s range in the last moment unless one has great movement.
– Healing Healing is performed in combat or outside of combat and has a casting duration in combat. The same applies to poison curing. The amount of healing and the amount of recoveries depend on your poisonology skill (. Allies can heal you during combat. You can heal anyone by clicking on the link in the lower left corner of map UI (. Finally, you can search for doctors in your area to get healing/detoxing. You may also ask some sects who are qualified in healing/detoxing.
– Dantian, elements and Inner Arts : Your starting element will always match the birthmonth (. See below for details on birthmonth elements). To earn more points to use in your offensive (Red), movement and defense () units, or nadis (Purple) forces, “cultivate” inner arts. For the beginning, you get a t9 one. Your cultivation will be more effective the stronger your inner art.
– Reading, practicing, and breaking down trough skills Acquiring skills can be difficult. Once a book is in stock, a skill can then be practiced (martial arts menu > Practice). A skill with more than 50% proficiency can now be equipped in the Loadout current (Dantian menu> Loadout). However, to make a skill powerful, one must read it and then practice it. There are two types of distinctions in Martial arts skill books. Each chapter can be either complete, incomplete, or fast/hard to read. It also has either heterodox or orthodox (yellow effects). After breaking the trough, you can choose more blue/red effects to give the skill a special orthodox OR heterodox effect.
Technical skill books have only five chapters. Each chapter can be completed/incomplete and there are no ortho/heterodox or other effects. Previewing a sect’s skills using the world map (character creation for instance) allows you to see only the blue (orthodox effects of a skill until a mod has been published.
III) Frequently Asked Questions
A. 2 – Locate t5 (Cyan coloured) NCP in and around towns. While small villages may not have them all the time, larger towns will have them all. Taiwu Village, for example, should always have at least one. Finally, shops can be found in (towns and) towns.
A. 3 : Similar to above, locate NPCs (t3 green coloured e17Y in and around towns or repair yourself using a portable crafting platform and the relevant skill (woodwork + woodcarving boxes for a wooden weapon, such as).
Q. 4 :
A. 4 :
(and more coming soon, off for sleep and still collecting questions)
After a long wait, the game dev delivered!
Our friendly translation community is very grateful for all their hard work.
Please say hello on discord. We won’t bite you, I promise.
Here we come to an end for 太吾绘卷 The Scroll Of Taiwu Translation and Gameplay for Beginners hope you enjoy it. If you think we forget something to include or we should make an update to the post let us know via comment, and we will fix it asap! Thanks and have a great day!
- Check All 太吾绘卷 The Scroll Of Taiwu Posts List